Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
So make us understand, instead of simply agreeing that Seios suck. You and I have chatted many times about some of the responses you read on the board being too "basic".

Everyone knows when it comes to moving water in a tank, not much beats a Tunze. In every aspect of reefkeeping, there are different levels of quality and cost. With skimmers, there's Deltecs and Bubble Kings up top and Lifereefs, EuroReefs, etc somewhere below that. Some people pour buckets of freshwater as top-off while others have LiterMeters or triple redundant float switches.

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI from what I read the controller doesnt turn them on and off it turns them down to 30% and back up to 100%

if you've got the money to drop on some tunze's or the new vortechs by all means do so if you are willing to, but this is much more cost effective option and i bet most corals will be just as happy with it :)

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Deanos said:
So make us understand, instead of simply agreeing that Seios suck. You and I have chatted many times about some of the responses you read on the board being too "basic".

Everyone knows when it comes to moving water in a tank, not much beats a Tunze. In every aspect of reefkeeping, there are different levels of quality and cost. With skimmers, there's Deltecs and Bubble Kings up top and Lifereefs, EuroReefs, etc somewhere below that. Some people pour buckets of freshwater as top-off while others have LiterMeters or triple redundant float switches.

make you guys understand, alright to lower a seio you would need to change the frequence Hz which makes this controller more expensive then what a DC controller like tunze would cost.

a seio used a propeller unlike any other type of stream out there, it's a inverted teeth which sucks water backwards, and then forces the water thru a ring like structure. This now decreases the flow of the seio and makes it only 1 feet distance. Detritus would settle. Listen if you look AC moters, the frequency goes both ways which, unlike DC (tunze) where it spins in a single direction. IN order for the seio not to spin backwards they allow the seio prop to stick out alittle where it would stop and spin the direction till the flow pushes the magnet back down. This causes inconstant start and stop. IF you use a seio 18 watt for 820 GPH which feels like my MJ1200. 17 watt is a tunze 6080 which is 2250GPH. This tunze travels 3 fetet with pressure and after 3 feet it feels like a seio, gives a nice coverage. There is a reason why these tunze cost so much, but the resale vaue of a tunze is so high, most likely if you can find a good deal the resale value doesnt deviate far. Look there are many advantages and people quite dont see it. seio and tunze work so diffrent that people shouldnt even say it's a difrrent quality product. it plainly works diffrent and shouldnt even be compared.

BTW i didnt say seio sucks i was quoting it.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
spykes said:
make you guys understand, alright to lower a seio you would need to change the frequence Hz which makes this controller more expensive then what a DC controller like tunze would cost.

a seio used a propeller unlike any other type of stream out there, it's a inverted teeth which sucks water backwards, and then forces the water thru a ring like structure. This now decreases the flow of the seio and makes it only 1 feet distance. Detritus would settle. Listen if you look AC moters, the frequency goes both ways which, unlike DC (tunze) where it spins in a single direction. IN order for the seio not to spin backwards they allow the seio prop to stick out alittle where it would stop and spin the direction till the flow pushes the magnet back down. This causes inconstant start and stop. IF you use a seio 18 watt for 820 GPH which feels like my MJ1200. 17 watt is a tunze 6080 which is 2250GPH. This tunze travels 3 fetet with pressure and after 3 feet it feels like a seio, gives a nice coverage. There is a reason why these tunze cost so much, but the resale vaue of a tunze is so high, most likely if you can find a good deal the resale value doesnt deviate far. Look there are many advantages and people quite dont see it. seio and tunze work so diffrent that people shouldnt even say it's a difrrent quality product. it plainly works diffrent and shouldnt even be compared.

BTW i didnt say seio sucks i was quoting it.

Thank you :kiss:. And BTW, you did more than quote "seios suck", you substantiated it.

Jonathan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think anyone is saying that seio's are comparable to tunze's, the tunze is clearly a superior product. its just that many (me included) can't drop that kind of $$ on a powerhead so this is a good option.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
spykes said:
which makes this controller more expensive then what a DC controller like tunze would cost.

Cool, finally, someone knows how much these controllers are going to cost me. So spykes, how much have you seen them for? :approve: I didn't think so. Conjecture is not something that should be stated as fact.

I have the 1500, 820 & 620. I have had great success with the 1500 and the 620. I'm not thrilled with either the 820 or the 820 that I have. I have had some stop/start issues with this one.

The SEIO controller, like Jonathan said, is not a stop/start controller. It dials down to 30% and back up. Can it do what I need it to do? I hope so and think it will. Will it perform like a Tunze controller/ph? Nope, not expecting it to.

You high and mighty Tunze guys don't seem to understand that there is more than one way to do things right in this hobby. Tunze works, that's awesome. Maxijets work too. They accomplish varying functions. I'm not comparing the two. I AM saying that you can get the job done with either.

BTW, I can afford to buy Tunzes if I want. I haven't 'cheaped' out on any part of my system. I've done research and have come to the conclusion that for MY needs, I don't have to lay out close to a grand.

I'm psyched about the SEIO Controller coming out. I hope they can meet the demand and they don't go into BO status as soon as they're released.

master

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Cool, finally, someone knows how much these controllers are going to cost me. So spykes, how much have you seen them for? :approve: I didn't think so. Conjecture is not something that should be stated as fact.

I have the 1500, 820 & 620. I have had great success with the 1500 and the 620. I'm not thrilled with either the 820 or the 820 that I have. I have had some stop/start issues with this one.

The SEIO controller, like Jonathan said, is not a stop/start controller. It dials down to 30% and back up. Can it do what I need it to do? I hope so and think it will. Will it perform like a Tunze controller/ph? Nope, not expecting it to.

You high and mighty Tunze guys don't seem to understand that there is more than one way to do things right in this hobby. Tunze works, that's awesome. Maxijets work too. They accomplish varying functions. I'm not comparing the two. I AM saying that you can get the job done with either.

BTW, I can afford to buy Tunzes if I want. I haven't 'cheaped' out on any part of my system. I've done research and have come to the conclusion that for MY needs, I don't have to lay out close to a grand.

I'm psyched about the SEIO Controller coming out. I hope they can meet the demand and they don't go into BO status as soon as they're released.

master

russ you know what, your right, i dont know how you guys do things, im not gonna teach you guys. I gave my explaintion to dean. go explore :trooper:

listen russ im not saying how much the company would put it out for, but it;s much more harder to tune down a AC moter then a DC moter. That is why i compared it to tunze. i dont know the price and i didnt instagate that i knew the price.

Last edited:

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
whoa talk about someone's Powerhead and panties start gettin all bunched up :rolleyes: its : rolleyes : BTW w/o the space ;)

SEIO's S.U.C.K basically means Seize Up Crack Kwik per an RC discussion, it was supposed to be an inside joke as the number 1 thing that happens is that the ceramic shaft calcifies on the impeller and crack rendering useless as the have no shat to revolve on.

Spykes,
Thanks for holdin down the Tunze fort...lol but seriously that was a great breakdown of WHY they "suck"

And this was never about haves and have-nots, im sure alot of you have more $$$ than I do, so please dont make it into that as it will cause nothing worthwhile

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
...i tHink peepS mis-Understand eacH other here becoz of the way facts and opinionS are presented. tHe lacK of 'background' of some comments maKe people formulate their own meaning to tHe post.

MY 2 centAvos... :smash:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
inkblue said:
...i tHink peepS mis-Understand eacH other here becoz of the way facts and opinionS are presented. tHe lacK of 'background' of some comments maKe people formulate their own meaning to tHe post.

MY 2 centAvos... :smash:

i have no clue what you want to say right there..... please elaborate.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Andres, nothing bunched up at all. I've used the SEIO's for a few months now. Like I mentioned in my previous post, 2 out of 3 have run great. Those are not the greatest odds for equipment ratings. But for the price, I can go and buy another one and still be mega hundreds in the black.

You Tunze guys stick together, "Spykes,
Thanks for holdin down the Tunze fort...lol but seriously that was a great breakdown of WHY they "suck"". For some reason there seems to be a Tunze consensus that if it ain't Tunze, it sucks. Spykes reasons of why he likes Tunzes better are a valid opinion of his. They offer no substantiation of his claim that SEIO's suck though. :scratchch

Discussions of this nature are a good thing, nothing has to be 'bunched' :fishhit:

master

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There are many things in life that will do what they are supposed to do. Just some things do it better. Im not going to repeat what Spykes mentioned and I also think that saying Seios suck is unsubstantiated. Many people use it and like it. But let me conclude by saying:

A Yugo will get you from point A to B just fine, but a BMW will just make you get to point B better. Im sure Dean will attest to that :biggrin:

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow... panties in an uproar!

Maybe my fault for starting this round of trouble. I just believe that if you come into a thread with "Useless" comments.. why post? post count? And thank you for whomever (too lazy to go back and read) filled us in the the methods of the two co. and how the units work... But for those of us that choose to go into threads... with the response XXX SUCKS!... Go away! at least post something meaningful to the discussion or don't post at all.

I can afford the tunze... I chose to take a shot with the Seios in my tank being it's only 58 gallons. They have proven to work great for my application. Did they cost as much as tunze... hell no! I got them at the group buy here... they were an awesome deal!

So how expensive will this thing be? does anyone know yet? I don't think so.. But if its in the $125.00 - $175.00 range... its acceptable. If it above $200.00 then I'm goning to put further consideration into it... and see what the popular consensus turns out to be.

Sorry if I offend anyone with my attitude towards posting useless crap or comments... I dont really care !. Go create your own thread of "useless crap" and keep out of threads that are meaningful.

Rich

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Now that every has finished venting, us Seio users can get back to drooling about the possibility of a multicontroller.

Regardless of what it'll cost, I can still dream about owning one. And if the pre-release hype is true, this controller will work for any powerhead. So all non-Tunze owners can also control their pumps.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Rborgia said:
Wow... panties in an uproar!

Maybe my fault for starting this round of trouble. I just believe that if you come into a thread with "Useless" comments.. why post? post count? And thank you for whomever (too lazy to go back and read) filled us in the the methods of the two co. and how the units work... But for those of us that choose to go into threads... with the response XXX SUCKS!... Go away! at least post something meaningful to the discussion or don't post at all.
Rborgia sometimes it makes sense to look back thru the thread, theres a reason for S.U.C.K vs SUCK

DRZL said:
whoa talk about someone's Powerhead and panties start gettin all bunched up :rolleyes: its : rolleyes : BTW w/o the space ;)

SEIO's S.U.C.K basically means Seize Up Crack Kwik per an RC discussion, it was supposed to be an inside joke as the number 1 thing that happens is that the ceramic shaft calcifies on the impeller and crack rendering useless as the have no shat to revolve on.

Spykes,
Thanks for holdin down the Tunze fort...lol but seriously that was a great breakdown of WHY they "suck"

And this was never about haves and have-nots, im sure alot of you have more $$$ than I do, so please dont make it into that as it will cause nothing worthwhile

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: