Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
DRZL said:
Rborgia sometimes it makes sense to look back thru the thread, theres a reason for S.U.C.K vs SUCK

Just since your SO cool to read a thread fully ;)

unfortionately.. your reply to everyone (explanation of S.U.C.K.) came after my initial post... in response to your response which would have been a USELESS response to this thread. I have read through the thread... if it makes me "cool"... then thanks! If my position offends you... read my last post. If you choose to take it personal... read my last post. My position applies to all those that feel comments of that nature are neccessary. unfortionately you were to one to post that here, without further explanation at the time.

and I too, like others, look forward to this unit and hope it's a success. If it works as intended, and is reasonably priced... It will make a lot of people happy.

Rich

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I use MaxiJets. :shhh:

I was having a good time learning about the two for a while, but this thread stopped being about Seios or Tunzes about a page ago. Perhaps...:dead: or let's get :backtotop

Now everybody :grouphug:

:)

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
The wait continues...

From the June/July 2006 Coral Magazine:

Attachments

• seio 001.jpg
    seio 001.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 114
  • seio 002.jpg
    seio 002.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 115
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
all i see is..........:argue: lmao..... seio's are good powerheads there just not tunzes.... but they are good.... and there new wavemaker as everyone is hoping will be worth the $$$$$.. (ink is going to buy it 1st so wait on him lmaoooooo)

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
As I am one of the few people on this site who actually wears "panties", I thought I should chime in:flirt:. I have heard tunze about tunze (ha ha) on this site so it was good to learn about the seios and that there is going to be a controller for them. Also, thanks for the explanation about how they actually work. That type of stuff is really valuable to a new person.

The thing that was most valuable to me was Russ's quote

more than one way to do things right in this hobby

When I first started researching I thought it all had to be done just a certain way to make it work. Now that I am seeing more tanks, I see how each person makes it work for them. I believe if there were Jerry rigging olympics, reefers would be the top contenders!:grouphug:

Also, for certain applications, there is such a thing a too much flow. For example, I may keep seahorses eventually. My LFS guy refused to sell me the tunze because he would rather not make the sale than have me buy equipment that I may not need.

You guys are all great. Thanks once again for some good info!

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Dave, using an SCR you can easily and cheaply contol a motor.

http://home.maine.rr.com/randylinscott/aug99.htm

I bet the controller is just using a couple of SCR circuits being controlled by the digital timer circuit. Ramp up and ramp down are probably written into the eprom, so it's a constant algorithm.

That's what I think.

And I hate the look of PH's inthe tank. so I'm going with a closed loop :P

B

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
IMO, Seio on a controller(ramping voltage) will wear out the moving parts much quicker than its normal designed life(been a short one for me, but that was the first batch of production model).

Disclaimer, I am not associated with either Tunze or TAAM, I do know the owner of TAAM personally and I think I understand their product market strategy.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
cali_reef said:
IMO, Seio on a controller(ramping voltage) will wear out the moving parts much quicker than its normal designed life

Unfortunately, this seems to be the general consensus on the RC thread I linked :irked:

cali_reef said:
I think I understand their product market strategy.

Can you explain it to me? :confused::mad::scratch:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: