Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So powerhead and heater will be good.. No corals attached to the rock.. I have about 20-30 gallons of water curing for when I am going to do a water change. Am I safe to use the water from the water change until I make additional water to replace it for the live rock that I want to store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Removed a good amount of rock...

Alright so I took some suggestions and started to remove some rock. Actually alot of rock. About 20-30LBS worth. I have it in a 32 gallon rubbermaid pail I bought from Homedepot for $9.87 on sale. I think I still may remove more rock and make either 2-3 mounds with area to swim in between. I took small pieces of live rock and put them into my sump as well. I took 3 snails and put them in the sump as well with the live rock. I didnt have the time to write down all the levels but I will post them tonight. I will be picking up my new lights hopefully tonight after work. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do with the aquascaping please let me know I am open. I also wanted to order 4 new koralia 1250's that I was planning on installing. I was thinking one of top and one on bottom of each side. Any thoughts?:question:

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 73
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
They have the black one on sale for $9.87. The Gray Brute style is $19.97. I spoke with one of the employee's there and he said the Brute actually owns Rubbermaid or vice versa. But the Brute pail is alot more durable etc. But I needed a quick temporary fix so I chose the cheaper one.....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Readings I was able to take before work:

Amo - 0
Nitra - 0
Nit - 0
Cal - 500
I will take the PH when I get home.... I also had Pet warehouse do a water sample. He said the alk and cal was good. The PH test kit I bought was extremely difficult to determine the color difference.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
They seem really happy. They are out alot more then prior. I am just waiting on my new lights. I was thinking of 4 koralia's 1250's? Is that too much? 2 on opposing sides of the tank. 1 up top and 1 on bottom/middle. Any opinions?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Info

So should maybe what I should consider is going 2 x 1250 for the top and getting 2 x 750's for the bottom well more towards the middle of the tank to avoid the storm. I just want to make sure I have enough flow because I have been lacking in flow. I am also going to reduce the height of the rock on the right side. I have alot of Bristle worms in my tank. They keep the peace but super ulgy. I have one rock that is like the mother rock to all the bristle worms. I am wondering if there is anything I can use to dip the rocks in to kill off the worms because I cannot trap these to save my life....:fishhit:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I had bristle worms too and read several things to try get rid of them. One idea which could work is pc of shrimp in soda bottle, they'll supposedly go in for food. If tie line on end you can pull bottle with worm out. Didn't try this but few people mentioned this in various posts. I bought a melanarus wrasse, but never saw it go near worms. There are a few natural predators you could but some may not be reef safe....I don't know if a dip would work. Try not to touch them as bristles are said to hurt

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
your lighting needs to be improved, halide or 6-8 bulb t5, leds are better but expensive!

flow! lots of flow, as far as i see theres less than 1000gph flow in the tank.. you need to add some korallias(with a wavemaker if possible to alternate the flow) or get an mp40 on there.

more filtration, just a skimmer and 20g fuge isnt enough.. i would have used a 40g breeder broken down into 3 chambers, 1 for your filter sock and mechanical filtration(skimmer and atleast a dual reactor for carbon and phosban) 2nd for your fuge area and 3rd fro your return. flow thru that should be atleast 600-900 gph with a mag 12 return so u can throttle it back slightly to match the drainage.

with that said, is your tank a reef ready or do you have a syphen box on it? what type of lighting are you running? looks a bit yellow.., what type of salt do you use and how often do you do water changes? what is your water parameters now? calcium, alk, mag, phos, and how long has your system ben running?

that should give you a big to do list... nothing wrong with what you have but theres always room for improvements right? and if you want coraline u need coraline.. so you should get a piece of rock with some noce purple coraline and stick it in your tank.. keep your parameters up and your lighting strong in a few months youll start to notice small purple/red spots showing up here and there..takes time but it comes..

i know some of this stuff may have been covered but just going over all of it at once..

Last edited:

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
wieco do you come east at all? i have some frags u can have if ur willing to take the drive... im in east moriches they r mostly leathers but ill hook you up with some stuff

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: