ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Depends on your tanks alkalinity and calcium consumption. On my 65 gallon mixed reef I use about 1.4-2.0 dkh daily. I use a bubble magus calcium reactor which is working excellent with keeping up with my demands. On tanks with a smaller consumption a doser would be a better method. If the calcium reactors bubble per sec and effluent flow can be set and and maintained accurately the reactor will be bullet proof like the doser. If you have the reactor already try to get it working properly

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The key to most reactors is getting an accurate and stable flow rate out of the reactors effluent line. To do so on some models of reactors people use peristaltic pumps to pull the water through the reactor.

Mine has a pump already attached to it it the MTC mini-calc i think i just need to change the media and clean it really good just have to find a place in the bx that charges the co2 tanks I'm trying to see if i have it set back up right now i just changed the water on sunday and checked the levels this morning and so far everything is the same with regards to alk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: