Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello fellow refers i hav a question so my tank parameters kep swaying ever since my mini crash i have a MTC mini-calc reator and wondering if i should keep tinkering with atfter i change out the media and clean i out or should i just get a dosing pump my corals arent dying but not growing the way they should an im sure its due to the minor fluctuations and also can anyone tell me where i can get my tank refilled and what dosing pump would everyone recommend for a 120 sps dominate tank thanks guys looing to get this done very soon so your input will help my decision

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
usually what i tell people is test all 3 before wc, and then 4 or 5 hours after wc and see where wc put levels, and then dont dose for the whole week between ur wc and retest right before wc and figure what ur consumption is this will help to figure your daily consumption.
I copied and pasted this from another member on here

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
should i stop using my calcium reactor now and just dose two part B-ionic until i get my dosing pump and if so how do i figure how much and when to does to keep the levels stable right now they are CA-460, Magnesium 1410, Alk 8.4 would like to see 9

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Yep. That's the best way. Then u can adjust accordingly using the calculator either raise or low your levels. Once u get the sweet spot and keep it stable u will have great growth. I noticed before when I use to manually dose that I didn't get good growth. My levels were all over the place. Now I don't evn think about it. I jus randomly check once a month to make sure levels are in check. Good luck

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yep. That's the best way. Then u can adjust accordingly using the calculator either raise or low your levels. Once u get the sweet spot and keep it stable u will have great growth. I noticed before when I use to manually dose that I didn't get good growth. My levels were all over the place. Now I don't evn think about it. I jus randomly check once a month to make sure levels are in check. Good luck

Im thinking about getting a dosing pump to maintain my levels better everyone is suggesting the Bubble Magnus

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: