jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
we are have a hell of a time hooking my apex up to my droid i called verizon dsl and they said i have to use there router and modem is this true ? i want to change the modem and router to get the port forawording to work
any verizon worker here?

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Yes, you need to use the modem for sure.

You can probably use your own router if you want to buy one.

Either way, you will need to access the device that is doing the NAT function and put in the port forwarding information. That would be the router in most situations. If you can log in there I can help you.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You need to use whatever router that is connected to your system. YOu need to tell the router where the APEX is on the system. So you will need to log into the router that you have to configure the port forwarding.

DLS??? I didn't know that anyone actually has that any more LOL!

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
we tryed that we think the router is the problem its says the port forwording is open but it will not work
You need to use whatever router that is connected to your system. YOu need to tell the router where the APEX is on the system. So you will need to log into the router that you have to configure the port forwarding.

DLS??? I didn't know that anyone actually has that any more LOL!

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
trying to get the password and user name from my freind
Yes, you need to use the modem for sure.

You can probably use your own router if you want to buy one.

Either way, you will need to access the device that is doing the NAT function and put in the port forwarding information. That would be the router in most situations. If you can log in there I can help you.

NYC Joe

Seahorses yea!
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
What I did is plug my apple airport to run off the verizon modem. I think Their modem sucks.
I run everything off of my airport.
Much easier to configure there.

I have fios but after googling I'm stuck with the verizon one. As it contols the cable box too.

Thanx
-Joe

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
apple airport? i know nothing about this pc stuff i ask my buddy :help:
What I did is plug my apple airport to run off the verizon modem. I think Their modem sucks.
I run everything off of my airport.
Much easier to configure there.

I have fios but after googling I'm stuck with the verizon one. As it contols the cable box too.

Thanx
-Joe

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i can see the controller in the house no problems with that trying to get an ip adress so i can get it on my smartphone from work i cant get into my system from outside

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
ok so you can goto 192.168.1.XXX at home and see the apex or even http://apex then you know that you are connected. when you are trying to access from outside you are using the port right? and you need to use your INTERNET IP not the internal one..

so for example goto http://www.whatismyip.com that will give you the IP for your ROUTER. that is the ip that you need to access to get to your APEX from outside. so then for example you would goto http://72.12.344.120:7890 you would obviously use the ip that you got from the whatismyip site and you would use the port :)7890) that you configured properly

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
The issue is coming from port forwarding on the Westell 7500 series router that J is using. The IP doesn't do any good right now as we/I cannot get the port forwarding rules to work. I have even tried using the Westell in "Bridge Mode" with a Linksys behind it. The issue with that is internet access. The router just isn't allowing it in "Bridged Mode".

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I'm going to say that you don't neet to use ther router. D you have a MODEM and a ROUTER?? Or is it just one device that the phone line plugs into???

As long as they supply. MODEM I don't see why you cannot use another router. Unlike fios whre you need t use their router for the television service (for on demand and ppv and such)

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: