44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
its really your preference, what i would recommend is get the most for your money. Meaning, buy the best model that you can afford and that's appropriate for your corals. I wanted NO limitations in any way so i just bought the model i have. Very pleased! Now i know what ever i want in the future i can have LIGHT wise. I have clams on the sand bed wide open as i speak. In the long run, LEDs will equal out anyways in electric bills, be SMART and effective.

Hefe-Weizen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
With LEDs my heater runs a little more in the winter and never in the late sring through early autumn. No more addition fans or A/C. I ran my A/C about a week the whole summer of 2011. With halides I ran the A/C All summer long and on and off in the spring/autumn. My tank is in the basement and I replaced 605 watts of MH/actinic with 145 watts of LED. My electric bill dropped about $60 a month(I did replace a lot of bulbs around the house with LEDs). I'd say the tank LEDs dropped the bill $30-35 a month. My growth has been better for almost all of my corals. I did bleach one monti, finger leather, and a few zoos.

Hefe-Weizen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Fulltankshot.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: