Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a serious problem with them too. I've considered wrasses, but half tell me they'll work, half tell me they won't depending on the type of wrasse.

Any recommnedations on a certain kind of wrasse?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you have a huge population of filter feeding organisms like that odds are you have an abundance of particulates in your water that they are feeding on. You might just need to clean the tank up a little. That should at least slow them down so you can remove some of what you already have.

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you have a huge population of filter feeding organisms like that odds are you have an abundance of particulates in your water that they are feeding on. You might just need to clean the tank up a little. That should at least slow them down so you can remove some of what you already have.

U may be right. Though my ann is zero, my dt is bb and gunk collects at bottom that I can't vacuum reach.

How can I remove gunk, put a ph under?i have 2 k3 now just on sides.

Will sand help in controlling particulate, gunk management?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I would adjust the koralias so detritus doesn't collect on the bottom. The snails are good for the tank though so I'm not telling you that you should try to eliminate them but if the tank has so many that feeding time fills the tank with mucus and the corals become irritated than you might want to remove a few.

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would adjust the koralias so detritus doesn't collect on the bottom. The snails are good for the tank though so I'm not telling you that you should try to eliminate them but if the tank has so many that feeding time fills the tank with mucus and the corals become irritated than you might want to remove a few.

I dont mind them if they won't clog pipes and pumps.

Will direct the k3 to blow under, thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: