• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I got a Pom-pom Crab for my nano about 10 days ago. He originally had 2 anemones. After the first night he lost one and within a few days he lost his other. Does anyone know where I can get replacement anemones for him? If not, will he be OK without them?

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Predators shouldn't be a problem. He shares his tank with 2 Sharknose Gobies, a Tiger Goby, an Elongated Dottyback, 2 Hermit Crabs, and a bunch of zoas and shrooms. Still, I'm sure he'd be happier with pom-poms, so if I can replace them or find him substitutes, I'd like to.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
They're usually fine without them and they can find substitutes, especially if you have other anemones in the tank. I had one in a store once that lost his original anemones and managed to cut off small pieces of a hot pink RBTA, looked very cool.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
mine lost one pom pom and he replaced it with a zoa. but eventually lost both and he was fine without anything at all. had him for about a year??? and perhaps only saw him like 6 times...if that. he was in a 75 gal..... too much space for him to hide.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: