Mr.Blik

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just picked up a bottle of Kent-Garlic Xtreme. I was wondering if anyone had idea of the best way to feed to my little buddies?

I have 3 Chromis and 1 Hippo Tang....have been feeding with Form One flake......how do I incorporate the GX appropriately? The directions say to add 2 drops oer teaspoon.....

Any thought?

As always thanks for looking and commenting! :wink1:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I don't use Garlic Xtreme, but it sounds like it would be more effective when soaked in some thawing frozen food.

If you're feeding your tang any dried vegetable matter, soak a few drops on that before feeding.

Mr.Blik

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if I pre-soak the flake food in some water and add the 2 drops of GX...you think that would do the trick?

Don't want to OD these guys in garlic.........Then again, garlic is good to everyone right....lol

Thanks, please keep the ideas comin! :wink1:

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Do not over due it. It is high potent garlic.
You can smell it through the packaging & bottle!

I do not soak everyday or everything I feed.
Once in a while is cool.

I have soaked mysis, brine, pellets & seaweed sheets.
Seems it attracts everybody more at feeding time.

If you add a couple of drops to flake, it will soak it up in a few minutes.......then drop in the tank.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I don't use that kind, but i do use the powder caps from the health food store. I have a little container and in it i put mysis, marine cuisine, and cyclops. I mix the garlic powder with it and let it soak. Then i feed. I keep it in the fridge all mixed for the next day until it finishes. You're better off using it with frozen.

Mr.Blik

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You See...that is what this site is all about....

Sharing is Caring....man :smokin:

Thanks for all the great advice guys.....Keep the GX ideas (recipes) comin!:thrash:

Mr. B

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been feed GX everyday (actually twice a day for multiple feedings) for the past 5 months and thus far I am very happy with the way my fish look. Now is this from the GX? I have no hard proof but I will keep it up until something happens. I also use vita-chem and Selcon switching off between those 2 and always use the GX.

I tend to feed mostly frozen (mysis, brine, prime reef, formula 1 &2) so I usually soak my frozen food in a little tank water and add the GX (and or vita-chem and selcon) and then let it sit for an hour or so. Whatever is left I put in the fridge for the second feeding of the day or for the next day.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I'm in!
boudha.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: