Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just got a new cannon a540 anyone have any expeience with it?What arer the best settings to take underwater photos?It has a underwater setting just wondering if this is the way to go.Leaving for Turks and Caicos tom. morning.:) Thanks Tim..........

Hotwheels

Hotwheels
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey tim,
Have a good trip. If you check with the local dive shop when you get there, they should be able to help you out. Might even have a water case or accessories you can rent.
share the picks when you return....

Nelson

zahner

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i have a canon sd500, maybe somewhat similar, think you have more ability to make manual adjustments w/ the a-series.

some general things i found worked for me, have a look at my "pictures from Belize" thread for the results. i found the underwater setting pretty good, if you use manual mode, the cloudy setting is good. on macro shots force the flash and make sure you use the flash diffuser to avoid shadows. be careful using the internal flash on shots of more than a few feet or so otherwise you will just get a lot of backscatter. photoshop or paintshop or something similar to adjust the levels.

can't wait to see your results!

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you are diving in shallow water and say midday, most of the times the flash won't do anything. But for macro's you'll need it. Also i highly recommend you get some kind of LCD hood to see. The sun glare makes it very tough. I almost always leave my cam on auto. There's too much happening and i don't want to miss that shot. Now if i had my SLR underwater, it would be a different story.

Look forward to your pics.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: