fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I think we've all made an impulse purchase, or tried something out that was maybe a little to "new", or maybe we just didn't know any better.

I'll start it off:
Purple Up
A Refractometer (yes that's right I said it)
Kent Phytoplankton (or "phosphate dose" as I like to call it)

Both Slama and I found our swing arms to be dead on accurate when we tested with our refractometers. Yes I'm sure that over time salt and calcium would build up on them and they would be off, but both of us did our first refractometer test and went "Damn, should have just borrowed someone else's"

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
By FAR the worst thing I've ever bought was this g-d foresaken ACRYLIC tank. Never, ever, ever, never will I own an acrylic display again. BTW, did I say NEVER? :lol2:

Also, I never owned a seaclown! :biggrin:

swimmer

charile1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
My 55g should have went with a 75g.

Is Kent Phytoplankton really bad? I've just bought a bottle along with the other 2 (chroma and micro)

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
A white dead coral display piece. I started this hobby w/ a 20g clownfish tank... I still think the white coral centerpiece looks sweet, very clean and modern - for the week that it stays white! Algae soon took it over and made it into a green mess...

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Daceman89 said:
i would have to say my wife. Damn she's expensive, but i am will to trade for a nice size frag..:smile:

You are wrong! You can't say that, wife = priceless!

p.s. I think my wife is reading this board. Honey, I love you.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Most expensive mistake, buying a 90 gallon instead of 120.
Worst piece of equipment, Zoo-Med power sweeps. I've never seen one "sweep" for more than a week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: