Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did end up whipping up and being blown into the DT. I have my return split with a small amount of flow going my fuge, once it started to cloud up, there was no stopping it. Whole sump went chocolate and my DT followed a second later. Should have trusted my instincts and just used sand.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
i used that stuff dont worry ur tank will claer up take a day sand would do the same thing 44santababy who told that that stuff would wipe out ur dt ??? i think ur a little of on ur info ive added that stuff to my tank with coral and fish and have not lost a thing i dont know what it does to sps as i dont have any but lps and softies plus fish and it made my tank rweally cloudy and a day laer and my tank was good to go

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
is used that stuff in both my fuge currently and i been using for 4 years now what are u talking about ?? that stuff is great i grow macro like crazy and my coral are chilling

44santababy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
no, i never said it would wipe out anything? Please quote that? I didnt know it would clear up fast on its own so i suggested what i thought. If i had livestock and my DT looked like a chocolate shake i'd be concerned, wouldnt u?

Last edited:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
yeah well u were wrong on ur info u gave to that guy he proly pulling his hair out right now thyinking his tank is doom i used that stuff and i will continue using it if it not a product u use u should not give info on it just my oppinion

cryptics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I don't think it was bad advice. It's exactly what I would do to clear up cloudy water if I thought it was harmful or not. WC filter sock and skimmer. What is bad about any of that. All he did was give a guy a way to clear his DT quicker. We need to stop jumping on people for trying to help especially if they don't give harmful advice

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I don't think it was bad advice. It's exactly what I would do to clear up cloudy water if I thought it was harmful or not. WC filter sock and skimmer. What is bad about any of that. All he did was give a guy a way to clear his DT quicker. We need to stop jumping on people for trying to help especially if they don't give harmful advice

+1 The only other advice I would've given was not to use it in the first place. That mud is crap! There have been studies done on it and its mostly quartz. There was even some pieces of brick found in some batches! I don't think it will do any harm but its a waste of money IMO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies, but everyone take a breath and breath!

Ok, six hours later and I still have a milkshake, more of a black and white rather than an all chocolate. I can see about six inches past the front glass now. I should have taken a picture but was too disgusted last night. Skimmer pulled off some pretty heavy silt in a short period of time. I have to stop and try to find a 200 micron sock somewhere. There definitely is a layer of silt on everything. I'm going to have to do a ton of clean up work to get this tank up now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: