Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Reefer Ratings: (16 (100%)
Friends: (23)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
My New Solana. Ohh It Begins Again...

well as most of you know i broke my system down 5 months ago due to getting ready to start my life journey with my girlfriend and save money for our future... well... lets say that did not go so well. broke the system down and sold it all to save money... then we split up. yayyy that was great. so i had nothing. months went on and i moved on and decided i need my hobby back. its the only thing that kept me happy. so i went over to my buddy russ's place and picked up a new simple solana system. so it begins all over again. im back...

i hand built my stand. i did not like the stock stand offered. way to short for me. so i built one and made it 45 inches tall. so with the tank, it sits as tall as i am so the tank is right in your face when you look at it. i love it. no bending over to see anything.

so far nothing crazy going on with it. i did a mix of carbsea's primo reef rock and south sea reef rock. im happy with it. looks like micro rock. cheap, clean, and easy. its been running for a month or so now and fully cycled. i added my first coral in a week ago and doing great so far. only thing is i STILL dont have a darn light. i been back and forth with it. i was sold on the aqua illumination nano led fixture. butttt... now im really liking the JBJ unibody led fixture that just came out. its bigger, much nicing arm hanging kit, higher watts, really nice controlable dimmer, and looks sweet. im thinking im sold on that now. ive been watching alot of videos and loving it. right now i have a little blue LED over the shroom/star polyp rock i have, and i little 2 bulb coralife on the tank. good enough until i make up my mind and call russ up to order my light.

right now its doing great. very clean. almost too clean and scares me. no algae yet, no color on rock yet, no even little build up anywhere. so im going to really take my time. first time with 100% RODI water and base rock.

esv salt
ph-8.4
amm, trite, trate- 0
calcium- 500
magnesium- 1500
dkh- 9

doing good so far. the journey begins...

Solana System...
My OLD Set Ups...
My Old 57 Rimless Reef Tank...
My Old 46G Bow Front Reef Tank...
My OLDER 46G Bow Front Tank...
My Old 29G Bio Cube Reef Tank...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Reefer Ratings: (7 (100%)
Friends: (30)
Send a Private Message View stooops718's Twitter Profile
Nice! I have a AI Nano on my 12g Fluval Edge and I love it. Good luck with the tank.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Reefer Ratings: (17 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Good luck with your new setup...looks great! Hope you learned your lesson, dont EVER change for a woman. Always do what YOU enjoy...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Nice! Love the aquascape. It definitely looks really clean but that will go away once you get a diatom bloom lol Good luck with it man and welcome back!

Renegade Reefer
Old 03-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44santababy View Post
Good luck with your new setup...looks great! Hope you learned your lesson, dont EVER change for a woman. Always do what YOU enjoy...

hahaha. +1. i agree. that was dumbbb. so i did even better then that now. i found a new girl who has 7 tanks of her own! lmao i was like.... done! perfect! haha

Solana System...
My OLD Set Ups...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stooops718 View Post
Nice! I have a AI Nano on my 12g Fluval Edge and I love it. Good luck with the tank.
thanks man. im sure it looks sick. the nano is an sweet light. its still in the running. but im taking my time thinking about this...

Solana System...
My OLD Set Ups...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Reefer Ratings: (17 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
does she have a HOT twin, good luck my friend...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman1069 View Post
Nice! Love the aquascape. It definitely looks really clean but that will go away once you get a diatom bloom lol Good luck with it man and welcome back!
thanks man. glad to be back! the diatom bloom might make me feel more comfortable seeing life grow lol. its scary clean looking

Solana System...
My OLD Set Ups...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44santababy View Post
does she have a HOT twin, good luck my friend...
hahaha if she did id hook u up my friend. i got pretty darn lucky. i can actually go out fish shopping and she WANTS to go. its actually fun now. lol

Solana System...
My OLD Set Ups...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
www.saltwatercritters.com
Reefer Ratings: (211 (100%)
Friends: (80)
Send a Private Message
Hey Ryan, really nice start. When this tank matures that rockwork will look amazing all colored up. Great job.

Russ

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/121552-my-new-solana-ohh-begins-again.html
Posted By For Type Date
Giant Anglers (Antennarius Commerson) - reefs.com This thread Refback 11-08-2014 12:33 PM
AquaticLife leds anyone know anything about them - Reefs.com This thread Refback 10-13-2013 01:38 AM
Elos or Salifert - Page 2 - Reefs.com This thread Refback 10-12-2013 12:22 AM
Acan Lighting Discussion Thread - Reefs.com This thread Refback 10-11-2013 05:26 PM
Bubble Magus BM-NAC5E External Hang On Back Protein Skimmer Review. - Reefs.com This thread Refback 10-06-2013 01:15 PM
Photo of the Week Thread II - Page 9 - Reefs.com This thread Refback 10-05-2013 01:07 PM
bio-pellet usuage - Page 4 - Reefs.com This thread Refback 10-03-2013 11:28 PM
Bubble Magus BM-NAC5E External Hang On Back Protein Skimmer Review. - Page 2 - Jersey Reefs This thread Refback 08-30-2012 09:07 PM