AR0026

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hey MR,

Quick post on my experience with some green hair algae...

I scrubbed, boiled, let dry, kept in freezing water... Not in that order or course... Lol...

Green hair algae was still there when I put it in the tank... Freaking thing just won't die... So I got mad and marked where I saw the algae and went a little crazy... I turned on the stove pilot and started burning that section... Took a while since it was wet but it got rid of it... Guess it can't survive fire... Lol...

Hope this helps someone...

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
What kind of water were you using on the tank tap water or RO water? if you was using tap water then that's the reason while you started to have hair algae problem. Btw how many times a day are you running your tank lights for?

AR0026

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
What kind of water were you using on the tank tap water or RO water? if you was using tap water then that's the reason while you started to have hair algae problem. Btw how many times a day are you running your tank lights for?

I used tap water on both my old tank and my new nano.. I run my lights for about 8-9hrs total... On my old tank... My new nano I still haven't figured out how many hours to let the lights run for...

Will using ro water really make much of a dif?

rtague

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I used tap water on both my old tank and my new nano.. I run my lights for about 8-9hrs total... On my old tank... My new nano I still haven't figured out how many hours to let the lights run for...

Will using ro water really make much of a dif?
RO/DI water will make ALL the difference,most likely your hair algae is coming from your tap water,cut down on the light cycle also,hth.

TheGropster

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 3 Sea Hares and the first one did a great job consuming algae then died when all the algae was gone and I forgot to give it something to munch on. That was the first one. Algae came up again so I got another swearing I would feed it when the algae was gone or at least offer to someone in need but that one refused to eat the algae. Got another one after that and it refused to eat the algae too. These SeaHares seem to be hit or miss depending on the one you get.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: