Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I do a 20 gallon WC every other month on my 75. I feed heavy, I have a crappy AquaC 120 skimmer, use a hydrometer and maybe test seasonally.
I have no problems with any of my corals or my 2 BTAs and my clownfish are breeding weekly.

AXYUiKjcSKLmAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I always thought the best results come from stocking slowly and being aware of how the tank cycles.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 62

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
40g a week for 300g system

I believe in larger water changes with the water going in at the same temp and salinity as what's coming out. Smaller intermittent changes while they don't shock the system as much, don't accomplish the same as larger changes (based on volume calculations). Somewhere on RC I saw a calculator in a thread somewhere validating this method with stats on what percent a 5g WC would do verses a 10g etc.

HTH

House

+1 .....I feel if you do 5 gallons today and then 5 tomorrow it's almost like your taking out some of that 5 gallons you put in yesterday......I have a 60 with 30 gallon sump ,I do 10 gallons weekly and 15 gallons once a month......I as well use the bootleg refractometer and check the temperature ......I don't even pump the water in slowly I straight up just dump the bucket in ....I know horrible , I need to change some bad habits...I need some inspiration lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: