saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Well just so i dont babble on im gonna just say that when i had my 54 corner bowfront i would do my water changes twice a week by replacing 5 on sunday
And then 5 on wednesday , i felt that that would cause less stress on my livestock and my tank was doing great!!.

Now since that tank was nuked by reasons unknown i now have a57 rimless that i have applied more effort towards and was wondering if i should go back to my old routine when everything was good or should i do 10 gal water changes on one set day of the week ??? .

As it is known that some people dont believe in water changes im very curious as to what people are doing these days , i know we all have our tricks of the trade so lets share what you would do if you where me!! All infomwould be greatly appreciated.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I do 10G of water changes every 2 weeks mostly fridays or the weekends depending on which day I wanna my moms kitchen floor wet lol jk. But back to the topic now since I re did my tank I have been taking this saltwater hobby more serious then before when I had m original set didn't brother to do water changes every 2 weeks did them once week well I felt like it. But now when I do my 10G water changes I take caution on how much salt I mix and for how long I mix it too.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
40g a week for 300g system

I believe in larger water changes with the water going in at the same temp and salinity as what's coming out. Smaller intermittent changes while they don't shock the system as much, don't accomplish the same as larger changes (based on volume calculations). Somewhere on RC I saw a calculator in a thread somewhere validating this method with stats on what percent a 5g WC would do verses a 10g etc.

HTH

House

Aquadicted

Bill Goody Aquariums
Vendor
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
We're talkin about Angelo bro, remember the time he rode his bike to redsand in the rain to meet up with us on the wrong day!!!! Yeah man that's Angelo lol

hahahahaa thats funny. Yeah dude hydrometers are sooo inaccurate. Def +1 on refractometer. Also you can get one on the marketplace for a pretty good price. I got mine for $20. It's much easier and faster to use than a refractometer IMO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: