jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So tonight I'm going to start treatment for redbugs. I just want to make sure i have all the bases covered before i start, so please correct me if I'm wrong on the process. I'm gonna close off the air tube of the skimmer but keep it running. Dissolve interceptor in tank water and add to high flow area. Let it go overnight approx 12 hrs. Then put skimmer back in full operation and add carbon. I have approx 23 gal of water so I'm gonna do a 5-6 gal water change also.
Does this seem like a good plan? Am I missing anything? Thanks in advance.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Don't forget to remove any crabs, shrimp, etc... You may not kill them with a moderate treatment but you will definitely shorten their life span. You won't be able to get them all, but get out what you can.

Other than that your plan looks good.

When I treated, I let the treatment run for almost 24 hours, then allowed my skimmer to get air and added about 1/2cup carbon to a 40 gallon tank.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thx. I got everyone out. I had to remove a clown goby anyway so I basically had to pull rock work. Both shrimps, both crabs and all my hermits are sitting in QT for the time being.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: