thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I have a 30b that I want to make into a frag tank. :)

I really dont want to drill it if I don't have to.

I was thinking of a HOB filter, HOB Remora Skimmer, and just some rubble rock that would be under the eggcrate? Of course powerheads for flow in the tank. And prob an Led for the tank....

What is your opinions.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You forgot the heater :)

The rock rubble will collect detritus that you can't get to without taking everything out of the tank.

Wouldn't a frag rack in your tank/sump be a much easier solution than all of the expense of setting up an additional tank? :)

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You forgot the heater :)

The rock rubble will collect detritus that you can't get to without taking everything out of the tank.

Wouldn't a frag rack in your tank/sump be a much easier solution than all of the expense of setting up an additional tank? :)

True with the rubble, but there should not really be much detritus, I will put a small cuc in there with it. Will not be really feed that much, with really meaty food...

a rack? well I really dont have a spot for it in my DT, and in my sump? lighting is not good enough.....

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
You should plum it with your other system like this you just have one system to maintain and way less equipment to buy don't have to worry about heating cooling controller etc ...
You should look at the deepblue 30g I got mine reef ready ,rimless with plumbing $150 12x12x10 looks really nice I would sell the other tank and just go with that headache free

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't like running another tank into main tank. For one reason if Main tank crashes so will the second tank. Second and most important setting up a frag tank is a good ideal. When you buy or trade for frags and dip and clean them. You still might introduced a pest of some kind and it won't travel to main tank. So you got the good and bad but the bad out weighs the good. Yes, nice to save money and don't need extra pumps and heaters and skimmer and so. Better be safe if your going to buy or trade for frags. Unless you only frag from your MAIN tank and not add any new frags and place them in your frag tank for room is good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: