dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
So my powder brown don't like my maxima clam every now and then it bother it y idk I have 4 clams next to i each other but it only bother the maxima ?? I dont understand y anyways should go back on e hunt and get the powder brown out or should I just get rid of the clam ??

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Is the clam new to the system? Does it have any algae on the shell? Are you sure it is not ailing? Tangs don't normally bother clams! How long has this behavior been going on?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
No algy my in my system period just the one I grow in my sump this been going for like 2 weeks or so now since trim doing my tank no the clam is not new I had it for like 5 months its weird to me too y this going on tangs usually don't do this and no it not hungry I feed pretty well few times a night I like to see mt fish eat

LOL juggernot should fry him or steam and do want some when I cook him??

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I knew u was going to come with that ken LOL I let u know what i do u am leaning toward trying to catch the tang that clams is the nicest and biggest one I got its over 5 inches so I reather keep it and get rid of the fish it just this sob is pretty smart I tried for more 5 hours last no luck last time

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Yeah I am going to need some luck this guy know my tank pretty good ... Yo by the way when u coming over with that camera if urs I need to get a few good pics of my tank?? And I have favor to ask of u ??

And by the way if I get rid if the clams I would eather sell or trade it for coral and the only coral that make my list right now is chalice

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Just outta curiosity, have yout tried moving the clam to a different loocation if possible?

IMO, if it's a gorgeous clam than ixnay the PBT. If it's an not so special clam than ixnay the clam IF your PBT is healthy and thriving. Your next PBT may not fair as well this one. We all know their reputations in regards to ICH so if yours is doing well & the clam is nothing special than it makes it that much easier to decide.

I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try especially if it works....

For a couple of days or so, if you can, put your clam in your fuge & then put it back and see what happens. It's really strange if there's no algae growing on the clam that he'd even bother it.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I move the clam 2 times already it a golden tear drop maxima so its a nice one so that not going to work and no algy on any of the clam yeah I know these pbt are ich factory mine is like almost 5 inches and very healty I got it at 3 " it eats like crazy and it grew killer fast when I get rid of it I am not worried about another healty one I don't want anymore tangs I just going keep the 3 thats left hippo/sail fin/ yellow less bio load plus I want some smaller fish goby/wrasse / more clowns LOL

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Yeah I think I going get rid of the tang and keep the clam now I have to find 1or2 big fish nets or a trap(albano to the rescue LOL) I going to try corner him when I feed

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Thats funny(bait ) LOL I wish it was that easy but it don't pick at the clam like that I have only see it bother the clam 3 times but just don't want loose the clam its greedy so I should be able to corner it

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
LOL funny post on using the clam as bait but I wish it was that easy it don't pick at the clam like that to be honest I have only see it pick at the clam 3 times total

Juggernot very funny I told u not to get that flame but no I pint it they are sexy and now u don't like it anymore and u want it out. LOL and by the way this powder brown is ur fault u remember I want an achilles tang u saying get the pbt it almost the same at only half the price now I think u should come and help me catch it

And by the way if this net /trap theory tdon't work by now and the weekend it time to go old school( some beers ) fishing pole and a worm or ill just shoot it with a dark gun and call it day

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: