• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I'm sorry but $950 is just an insane amount of money. $750 is too much for the original Radion. It's a good fixture but it's just A LOT of money.

On a somewhat related note; what happened to the "LEDs are going to go down in price over the next few years" comments/ideas that were so prevalent on the boards? From what I've seen, LEDs are going up in price, not down. (Individual LEDs are getting better and better, but the fixture pricing has not gone down at all).

ok baller..lol.. And i dont think they will come down in price either ... Its a big $200 more for the new 1s .. But i still dont get how they justify that price.

Yeah that's a crazy increase from the already high price. I mean right now the best thing on the market that is American made looks to be the AI Sols, I wouldn't even bother with the Vegas. Maybe soon enough when they don't sell as much or someone else comes out with something new and competitively priced then maybe prices will go down but who knows.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
yeah that's a crazy increase from the already high price. I mean right now the best thing on the market that is american made looks to be the ai sols, i wouldn't even bother with the vegas. Maybe soon enough when they don't sell as much or someone else comes out with something new and competitively priced then maybe prices will go down but who knows.
i have the 3 sols on my tank and i love them.. I still have yet to see the vegas but i am looking into them.

i have the 3 sols on my tank and i love them.. I still have yet to see the vegas but i am looking into them.

Idk if you saw my "Feedback on AI Vega" thread but I really don't see how they will exceed or even be up to par with the Sols. My main concern is the fact that there are only 4 white LEDs and I know they are the XMs but I don't see how they can put out as much as 8 white LEDs and give you the same spread as well but who knows, can't make a good judgement without actually seeing them

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
On a somewhat related note; what happened to the "LEDs are going to go down in price over the next few years" comments/ideas that were so prevalent on the boards? From what I've seen, LEDs are going up in price, not down. (Individual LEDs are getting better and better, but the fixture pricing has not gone down at all).

We have been dealing with LED undercabinet lighting and home fixtures and those prices have dropped. Undercabinet LED strips used to cost me 500$ for a 4 foot section @ 1w a LED now cost me 100-200$ for the same length, same amount of LED's with 3-6W per LED.

As far as aquarium fixtures your seeing less LED's but more in features/onboard computers. Dimming options, wireless, ect. The new fixtures are pretty advanced compared to the fixtures from 2 years ago. I don't know if that justifies the radion prices, the pro's are just stupidly priced for a fishtank for what your getting out of it.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Well i will be seeing them soon , as i know of 2 people who has them on there tanks already and 1 of them who has 2 tanks and 1 with a sol and 1 with the vega so i can really get a idea of it.. But the new vegas have a larger covering area since they have a 80 degree lens

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: