Dimitrios91

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone, new to this. I was just wondering about this Swap Meet and what the chances are they might have some coolers available. After the storm hit here in Staten Island, alot of stuff like that became pretty scarce due to people needing things to keep food etc.

I ended up losing almost everything in my sw tank due to the water temp dropping to 36 degrees, we lost power on Oct. 29 around 2:30 in the afternoon and it remained as such for 12 days. I even bought a 7000 watt generator but that failed to do any good, because we had no gas available. Crazy mess for everyone. I lost some hairy mushroom corals, Red Mushroom corals, Dragon eyes, and all fish died - 2 clown fish, green mandarin dragonette, 2 green chromis, and a really nice bubble tip nem. Only things that survived are my Fire Shrimp, Skunk Shrimp, a few Turbo snails, Emerald green crab and a couple Hermits.

So anyways, if someone might be able to verify regarding a cooler I would appreciate that. I have Sand and Salt arriving Monday, so I'll be removing and redoing what mess I have currently

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hey man sorty for your loss . On a brighter Welcome to the MR family ;) There will be coolers for sale at the swap. They are special MR coolers and i believe they are $25. There will also be a donation table for victims of the storm. You can pick up some freebies to help get your tank back on track. Wish i could go but, since the storm I havent had much time off work :/

Dimitrios91

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey man sorty for your loss . On a brighter Welcome to the MR family ;) There will be coolers for sale at the swap. They are special MR coolers and i believe they are $25. There will also be a donation table for victims of the storm. You can pick up some freebies to help get your tank back on track. Wish i could go but, since the storm I havent had much time off work :/

Thank you for the response, appreciated. Hopefully I'm not to late for this RSVP, we finally got power back, and it took about 5 days for our internet to return.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: