marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I started to notice that some of my zoo's weren't openning and thought that maybe something was wrong with my water. I check the water and everything was fine so I started to look closer at the zoo's and notice tiny little parasitic nudibranchs that were eating the zoo's. They must have come in on some of the zoo's that I got through mail order. The link below show pictures, of what they look like, and what to do remove them if you get them. There very hard to see when small, I took a magnifying glass and found a bunch that I removed with tweezers.

http://reef.esmartweb.com/polyps.htm

Anyone that got zoo's through mail order probably should give them a good look over as theses parasitic nudibranchs do multiple very fast if not caught early.

Michael

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Steve

Yeah I read that, kinda of scary but with theses corals and fish you need to be very careful as they contain all kinds of poisons.

One I pick-up a fire anemone and the tentacles touch my arm and at first I didn't thing anything of it and all of a sudden my whole arm feel like it was on fire, I guess that why they call the my fire anemones, as was all blistered up for a couple of days.

You know it was funny I had a lettuce nub and I thought theses were just babies as at first they climb over the glass but then I started to see them on my zoo's. They can either come in full sizes on in eggs and hatch later.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: