Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well i dont know how many nights i can run this generator, i dont see any lipa trucks and its becoming clear i am just not going to get lucky like some other people with the power coming back on. i think i am going to have no choice but sell my corals id only do it in a one shot deal so if anyone is interested look at my tank thread and pm me and we will talk. i am not putting a price on this thread so i am not putting this in market place i am just seeing if anyone is interested.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
already asked no one close enough to me, and alot of my corals are encrusted i would have to take entire rocks out, just to transfer all these corals, get them adjusted to someone elses tank then possibly 4 days later bring em back to my tank i couldnt imagine them lasting very long after the stress of a move.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Gotta be something we can do....im in bellmore with power...if we can get a tmp tank together we can get it running...we can warm up your water it wouldnt need to acclimate much..even just power heads and a heater keeping everything moving till you get yours back...we can do it slowly so no shock... Getting very depressed hearing all these crashes.

I'll be home tonight, lets get a plan together. Have a 30g rubbermade can use for transport or even holding tank..an extra 150 watt heater..i know its not much, but its a start. Lets do this!

Edit: I also have about 25 g of water ready and another 15 of sw already mixed and can make more.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
appreciate it inevo, i have been able to run the generator non stop untill monday but its slowly dying on me, i mean its 15 years old lol. so far my temp has only dropped to 75 being the lowest havent lost any corals or fish. but long island is running out of gas i am going later today to probally my last fill up if the power doesent come on by friday. we might have to do something like that as a last ditch effort i am just having trouble deciding if its worth it to just sell and get the little money i can or risk trying to save everything and lose it all anyway. really tough spot.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Hold out! There were more gas stations open yesterday then the day before. There will be more tomorrow...deliveries will happen. My mom has my generator but if her power comes back i can bring it by. The last email from LIPA said the trucks havent been out much cause they are repairing substations and stuff first...im sure you'll be back soon. Have hope. We should still get some plan together...wodering if anyway to get mgny's 180 together and make a community holdin tank...problem is needing a stand...

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
yea i know ive been calling lipa non stop, and theyve been working on those stations since this all happened i hope they fix it soon. i keep hearing people all around me getitng power back but my area just has nothing dont really know whats going on. im going to hold out as long as i can i have a generator and its running but if i cant get gas then its no good. so ill just play it by ear and see what happens. i guess the plan would be if my generator dies, i make a decision to sell or bring corals to peoples houses. ill have to see when i cross that road. appreciate the interest and help though very nice of you.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
i would make an offer jarrett but as of now there is no gasoline in ny. As soon as gas is up and pumping we can talk about the corals and fish you want to unload. I am sorry about what your going through.

DeathValli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Let me know also I am about 5 mins from you J... if you have anything you want to throw in my tank I have some room not for HUGE pieces but I have full power and all no issues yours SPS has been doing very well I added a few other pieces too :) shoot me a PM if you want to drop anything off rather then selling or it dying

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
thanks guys i appreciate everyones geneoristy, i just got back from the gas station had to stock up, i dont know any of you are aware yet but long island will be out of gas very soon. go stock up while u can. this is my last ditch effort if i run out of this gas and still no power. we will talk about saving or selling my corals. ill decide when that point comes for now i probally have another day and a half worth of gas maybe 2 days.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
bolla market on 107 and seamens neck rd the line is ridiculous dude they might run out i just got there at a good time i am about to run out and fill up my moms car i dont know if i will find anything this time but my dad works for the oil business and says there are no barges coming in, so long island will be without gas very soon. so anyone who is relying on a generator like myself, go do what you gotta do now.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well i mean in all honesty, if long island is running out of gas i wouldn't blame someone wanting the little gas they have for themselves. its pretty serious the lines are going for blocks and blocks. i just tried to get my mom gas and couldn't do it. i am going back out again in a little bit. i am just happy i was able to get my gas cans and truck filled earlier last ditch effort i guess i could always siphon out of my truck. we will see still haven't seen a lipa truck anywhere close to my area.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
thanks guys, i will deff take you all up on your offers right now things are ok, the generator is running and theres gas to spare. i feel like i should wait before i resort to moving all my live stock? or is this a dumb decision. i am just saying this because i have enough gas to get me to the weekend i would HOPE by then i would have power.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: