lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I know for gfo you want to start low and work your way up...but from what Ive read it does not take much. But i'd start gfo at half of BRS recommendation and work your way up. Carbon i do not know..yet :)

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I used the high gfo and as said above I started out with less the rec. amount and worked my way up. It don't need that much to work even less if its the high cap gfo.. The carbon I can't speak about since I use esv carbon.. Don't know if that helped ..

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have been running both for a while so I guess I started way too high but didnt see any negative affects, could it stop coral growth?

So I guess ill taper it down to the suggested 6tbsp. Just seems like such a huge reactor chamber for such little media.

I'm switching from the normal gfo to the rox so I'm excited to see the difference

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
How do you like the BRS dual GFO/Carbon reactor?

I bought it and was having a flow issue. The Gfo started to solidify even though I kept the stuff moving. I had to constantly adjust it.

So right now Im just running the GFO chamber empty and just using it for carbon in the second chamber.

My new chaeto actually destroyed the algae more than my HQ gfo. But thats just from what I observed in my tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: