mgny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Happy Holidays eveyone. Like the title says starting to slowly get back to nomal here or at least the new normal. Had to go "cold turkey" with my reef after Sandy clobered me , my family, and my customers down here on the South Shore. Had 6 feet of water in my basement , fortunately the main floor and my display tank were spared. Knowing the extent of what was going to transpire the next few weeks i had to make the decision to give up everything. I wanted to make sure everything in the display had a good chance to survive so i put tha call out. Thanks to a few key reefers all was saved in the display and amazingly some of the corals in the basement survived after the basement was pumped out. Want to thank a few who came to the rescue. John aka Bigsink and Rich and Andy from Aquarium Village and a few others came through when i was desperate. Thanks so much for all your help. Hope to do something even more spectacular in the future but for now i'm reefless. Have been so busy since the storm that i haven't missed it but as the fog clears it is strange not having it.. so strange!!! Hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday Season.... Mike

Aquarium Village

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Hi Mike

Glad to hear that the house is okay. When you are ready to get spectacular let me know.

Have a good Holiday Season and when you are ready there is a pair of 17yr old Percula Clowns looking for their owner

Take care
AV

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Glad to read you are safe, and coming out of the "fog"!!! Thank God you had people that were able to help you save your animals! That is awesome.;)
Have blessed, and happy holidays, and a very prosperous New Year...

Yes, we shall all rebuild.....:grouphug:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Mike I am rebuilding since the storm also. I've had my system going again for the last month and getting stocked pretty good already. When you get setup again stop by and take the cutters to my tanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: