RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
stay away from silversides they are bony and can puncture the skin on a nem while digesting. Anemones dont usually get a whole fish. Most small chunks of whatever floats by.

Stick to salmon, mysis, clam, squid. Better safe then sorry.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I keep RBTA's only and this would not apply to all anemone species, but I NEVER feed them anything directly. They catch some stuff that the fish miss ( I feed my fish well) and on occasion the female maroon clown will grab an extra chunk and feed its host---or so it seems at least. You've all likely seen or seen pics of the tank--the RBTAs are huge and split often.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Spectrum/ Hikari or just about any pellet that sinks, they wrap it up quick, and it doesnt foul the water as much as a live/ dead fish would.

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I feed my nems shrimp....occasionally. I noticed that after feeding silverside they would deflate for a few days or until they spit out the partially digested remains. I have since stopped feeding silversides and have not noticed any defaltions.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: