What Colour background do you like

• Total voters

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Its time to paint the back of a 75g, and i needed some help choosing between blue or black..what do you like??? I'm leaning more towards blue but i wanted to see what everyone else liked.

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It all depends on what fish you want to keep, I have a pair of black occ clowns and a black tang in a tank with a black background. Lets just say if they are near the back of the tank you can only see the white on them.

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It all depends on what fish you want to keep, I have a pair of black occ clowns and a black tang in a tank with a black background. Lets just say if they are near the back of the tank you can only see the white on them.

nice point..b/w clowns are my fav..i'm not to sure what other fishes would be in there..i want to focus more on the corals 1st then add fishes slowly..

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
U can check out different shades of blue from behr or benj moore. Some are really dark but offer hint of blue with ligts on. I had a very dark blue from behr on back of my 120 before an oct snowstorm killed it. I rolled it on in lieu of spray bc it was indoors already. Few coats it was good to go

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
chrome window tink will be a problem ur tang or any other fish that dont like its kind will spend some time fighting there shaddow i personally like blue black show coraline too much

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I offten wonder if you had easy acces to the back of the tank why not leave it clear and
Go to Home Depot pick up 2 sheets of plexi glass cut them to size and paint one Blue and one Black then change them out as your mood changes lol.
I think it has to do with your tank itself also. I have a 120 with dual over flows that are black so I'm not so sure how it would look if I went with Blue...........Blue,Black,Blue,Black.....

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I painted my old 120 tank's background blue because the overflow box was blue. That choice made the overflow box kinda disappear into the background.

My 155's overflow boxes are black. I choose to paint the background black following the same principal as above.

In short I paint the background according to the color of the overflows.;)

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I painted my old 120 tank's background blue because the overflow box was blue. That choice made the overflow box kinda disappear into the background.

My 155's overflow boxes are black. I choose to paint the background black following the same principal as above.

In short I paint the background according to the color of the overflows.;)

lol i completely forgot about the overflow box...its already black.makes things easier..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: