selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
The reason why people get rid of their LEDs
1. they buy cheap LEDs and they expect miracles happen number
2.they have poor water quality Or a established reef tank and are getting no growth and they think that just because the a high end led that there system will automatically start growing beautiful corals when it doesn't work like that....

3 A lot of people don't know if you switching from T5's/ MH to LEDs that you have to Acclimate to the light if not corals won't do good and people blame the LEDs and want to sell them ...

4 some people can't afford good LEDs so the but the made in china ones and don't get good Results and they want to selling them quick

IMO Great water quality and establish tank plus LEDs equals a fantastic growing tank.....

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
After seeing Tropical Island tanks and the Acan Lighting tanks at their location I cannot believe people that blame LEDs for lack of color.
If you need convincing then visit these places and look for yourself.
I am not pushing Acan lights, I dont own them myself but I think those tanks look fantastic. I have also seen tanks with AI Sols that are awesome also.

Lighting is a personal preference and probably some people think what works somewhere else will work on their systems.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Eventually I am going to put an LED fixture over my frag tank. This will be a few months down the road on my upgrade list. I'm not sure which one yet. So far non of them impress me but I haven't seem Fathom or maxspect.

The biggest problem that I see with LED's is the pricing. These high end units are extremely expensive. It would take me 2 years to break even on the bulb and electricity savings for a light that would be a compromise IMO. The resale value of all lights kind of sucks right now because of the LED craze. For me the decision was easy. Get the best lights I have seen in this hobby, used, at a steal of a price. To each his own. You're still my buddy if you run LED's HAHAHA

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
People buy and sell things all the time. I'm selling my Powermodule right now. I love the fixture but it's not the right fit on my tank. Also, quality LEDs tend to hold their value better and people can sometimes be hit with hard economic times.

I remember I got laid off a while ago. I sold my MP40. It had nothing to do with the pump, but I would rather have the cash than the expensive power head.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
After seeing Tropical Island tanks and the Acan Lighting tanks at their location I cannot believe people that blame LEDs for lack of color.
If you need convincing then visit these places and look for yourself.
I am not pushing Acan lights, I dont own them myself but I think those tanks look fantastic. I have also seen tanks with AI Sols that are awesome also.

Lighting is a personal preference and probably some people think what works somewhere else will work on their systems.

I agree with this. Many of his corals have been in his tank for a long time, too.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I changed from T5 to LED. I bought a DIY from an MR member so it doesn't have the nice look of a manufactured one. But my corals (LPS) love it. They really grow fast where as under T5 they grew very slowly. However the T5 actinic made the colors pop much more that the LED's. I had half actinic and now I have half blue LED's. Maybe the mix has to be different. But in total I like the LED better.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
people buy and sell things all the time. I'm selling my powermodule right now. I love the fixture but it's not the right fit on my tank. Also, quality leds tend to hold their value better and people can sometimes be hit with hard economic times.

I remember i got laid off a while ago. I sold my mp40. It had nothing to do with the pump, but i would rather have the cash than the expensive power head.

+1

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
People buy and sell things all the time. I'm selling my Powermodule right now. I love the fixture but it's not the right fit on my tank. Also, quality LEDs tend to hold their value better and people can sometimes be hit with hard economic times.

I remember I got laid off a while ago. I sold my MP40. It had nothing to do with the pump, but I would rather have the cash than the expensive power head.

Eric. I'm so glad u sold the 6x54 sunpower. It's now sitting over my tank!

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I've used every piece of lighting in this hobby, but for the past few years I have been using LED's... As far as bringing out the most colors out on a coral I believe T5 takes the cake on that for now, but recently the industry has been getting better with there spectrums on LED fixtures, they are starting to get close....

I've stuck with LED's because of the energy savings, less heat, controllability, no changing of bulbs and so on...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: