Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I take accountability for my learning and ask questions, watch, listen, ask questions when I can even though I mostly stay quiet (at least for the majority of my 6 years of attending this swap).

I have been in the hobby much longer than that and I learned quite a bit from the first speaker. I didn't realize that there could be more than one symbiont on the same corals and that they differ according to the environment. I was very interested. I would have liked to hear the next speaker but I had to leave. If you want to learn about reefing, ask questions on this forum.

Kathy? No, that doesn't sound like Kathy.
profanity? yelling? kathy? ....nah

Oh wait, did I say Kathy? I meant Cristy, yeah, it was CristyC, she is one of the Cristy sisters. That's who it was, not KathyC who I have always known to be a Sweetheart as I met her quite a few years ago. That nasty Cristy. I am not speaking to her.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Had fun, won a raffle, bought a crap load of corals that don't fit in my tank (for sale thread soon), reconnected with some old faces and met some new ones. All in all I had a ball. Good day! I just love me some KathyC :) Raffle Queen

Thanks Josh and company

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thank you to all of the members who were there and made it such a fun event. I hope all of you enjoy the great prizes we had in the raffle, I wish you could have all won something. A HUGE thank you to all of the vendors & manufacturers who were so generous with their donations!

Special thanks to everyone who helped to during set-up & especially those who stayed to break down the room at the end of the swap.

A HUGE thank you to the crew who helped with the Raffle - you all ROCKED! :grouphug:

..and yes Paul, that CristyC has some sharp tongue on her when she gets upset! lol Nice tie btw ;)

Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
The swap was great! I learned so stuff and the freebies were great. Won a pendant par 72! I would say that the fragging demos were not really much more that a free for all. I would like to see MR clean that up a bit in the next event. Much like the speakers the fragging demos should be more controlled so that there is a learning aspect. A suggestion would be multi demos of several different classes of corals in a room like the speakers had where everyone is seated and not clamoring for the freebie (yes I was one of those. I wont lie). I would even pay to see a good fragging demo with a camera and projector so that a room seated everyone could see what is going on, ask questions, etc. Sign up for the coral type frag demo you are interested in, pay a small fee to MR (say 10 bucks), show the good bad and the ugly (good methods and poor method that lead to failure) , at the end those that attend paid get a great frag!
A frag tool vendor could also sell tools discounted.
Win for MR, member, and vendor!

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
This was my first time at the frag swap, and thou everyone in there was energetic and happy, I was very disappointed that even if i RSVP a few months ago, I would be treated different that of anybody who walked in and paid at the door. I also didn't learn anything today about reefing, which I was told this event would help with.

Your advance payment for admission does the following:

• Allows you to enter much faster
  • Allows us to make a name tag for you
  • Allows us to figure out how much food and labor we need to plan for
  • Allows us to properly obtain insurance for this event
Also, the event DOES sell out, sometimes resulting in people scalping their tickets here in the forums (you can search for this if you want)

So your advanced RSVP really does a lot to make the event go smoothly, and for that you have my eternal gratitude.

I'm sorry you didn't get much out of the day. If you tell us what you did when you were there maybe we can help guide you for next time? If you didn't learn anything and didn't have a good time then we didn't do our job. If you come to the next swap we'll definitely make it up to you.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just got home and put all of my awesome frags in the tank. We come down from Boston every year for this event, and we always have a great time. We got some great frags from MR members and from the vendors. I can honestly say that I've never seen such amazing frags from the vendors as I did today. The speakers were great. The lunch was so much better than in previous years - well organized and not a "free for all". We had a great time and can't wait for next year!! Thank you Manhattan Reefers!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: