Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hey guys, so I will like to bring up a suggestion that I was thinking about, is to make car magnets not stickers but magnets with the Manhattan reef logo with the web site on it.
Well it looks like I have become a tank stalker, just in the past 2 days from driving around my neighborhood at night I have spotted two houses with blue actinic lights coming out of the windows, so I stop the car revers & get out of my car to see if I can get a better look, & yes!!! Reef tanks!!! & I think that for sure the two owners of the tanks are not active members MR. I think that for the NYC reefers we can all benefit & the LFS if we spread the love for SW tanks & we will have more active members.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
:shhh: I've heard that Randy has the students at Pratt working on a pocket size laser that can project the MR logo thru the windows on to the walls of these 'blue light homes' that you see!
(Similar to the Bat signal)
Hopefully the prototype will be ready by Swap time!

:rolleyes:

Do you people really think he is serious????
Good god, get a sense of humor people!

Magnets are much more expensive than plain bumper stickers, and kids steal them. I like the idea, but in theory I dont think it would work unless users actually bought them from MR.
I agree with OP, i would never put a bumper sticker on my car, with one exception..... In high school I made a bumper sticker that said, "Dont laugh, your daughter may be in my trunk"

Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Just looking to make some local Brooklyn friends that are in the hobby, I do have friends but they think I?m crazy for having a large tank.
it looks like to me that they are alot more reefrs in Queens & the Bronx.
And again the local reef hobby can benefit from having more members. With a magnet you can take it off when you don?t want to have it on.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: