Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Got these palys about a week ago, at first they were open nicely after about 3 hours. A day later I decided to mount them on a rock, since then they will not fully open, I've tried low light low flow, high light and flow, now they're in a high light area of the sand bed with moderate flow. My question is should I give them another dip, could it help? Or just leave them be. I have other palys and zoas which all look great and open nicely. I have plenty of sps in the tank some lps but I'm pretty new with zoas. Thanks in advance.

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Yesterday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 133

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
I wouldn't dip them that will just stress them more, put them in low light and moderate flow and just let them be for a while, it could take some time for them to get happy again from dipping and moving around, you have to set it and forget it

Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have large palys like these in my DT, the cinnamon palys. Everytime I move them they take several days to open up again. Revive or Coral Rx are two really good dips for all corals. I also dip palys and zoas(only) in FW using RO/DI. FW dips kill everything except nudi eggs. Revive and Coral Rx don't kill eggs either.

I have had mine for about 2 years now. They've done very well at mid level and above in my DT under 250W MH's and T5's.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: