Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Jan. I have a 156 oceanic R/R mixed reef. I've been in the hobby about 10+ years now on and off since the late 80's.

I was born and raised in New York and now live in Virgnia. I've been a lurker here since 2009 and plan to be more active.

I started in this hobby when I lived in Brooklyn. There used to be a Petland on Shore pkwy in Sheephead bay many moons ago. The guys there were great in helping me to to set up a 55 gallon all fish and 30 gallon invertebrate tank. I had those set ups for several years before the seem busted on my 55 and I threw in the towel.

I came back into the hobby over 20 years later, 5 years ago, with a fury and rapidly moved my way up from a 24 gallon JBJ nano to my 156. Oh, and I also have a lil 2.5 gallon mixed reef pico.

This is my DT WAMAS TOTM December 2012
ContentImage-11505-226136-jansnaturalreef.jpg

I'm glad to be here.
J

Last edited:

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
welcome, i grew up in sheepshead bay. don't remember a store on shore pkwy. i do remember atlantis on coney island ave and 1 on kings highway where i bought my first salt tank in 84.

Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, edd.

I didn't live in Sheepshead Bay. That's where I found a Petland that sold salt water fish. It was somewhere in that area off of, or on Shore Pkwy (along the Belt) in the late 80's (87, 88?). I could be wrong about the exact name of the street but I do recall driving off the Belt on shore pkwy. You would definately know the exact location better than I.

welcome, i grew up in sheepshead bay. don't remember a store on shore pkwy. i do remember atlantis on coney island ave and 1 on kings highway where i bought my first salt tank in 84.

Last edited:

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks, edd.

I didn't live in Sheepshead Bay. That's where I found a Petland that sold salt water fish. It was somewhere in that area off of, or on Shore Pkwy (along the Belt) in the late 80's (87, 88?). I could be wrong about the exact name of the street but I do recall driving off the Belt on shore pkwy. You would definately know the exact location better than I.

i left bklyn in 86,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: