bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Still running like a champ here. The pump makes some noticeable noise at full 24v power, but it is still much quieter than the 2 MP40s it replaced. At 18v or 70% intensity and lower, the pump is near silent.

If you want to use two of these on W1 wave mode without adjusting the intensity via a variable power supply or apex/reef angel, I recommend at least a 180 gallon. You can see what will happen in my other videos if you don't.

I like the ELSE reef crest type random mode the most.

Fish street seems to be very helpful customer service wise, but Jebao themselves haven't been very accommodating to work with. Fish-Street should take care of you in the short term, but long-term through Jebao themselves seems to be lacking compared to some of the service I've received from other chinese vendors (Evergrow is my personal favorite).

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Reef Angel Jebao cable works perfectly with the Apex with a simple mod, if you don't want to cut the RA cable connector off.

Search ebay for "2pin Male to Female Arduino Jumper Cables". The male side fits perfectly into the Jebao cable connector. You can then cut the female side, or keep the female side and attach a male side onto the apexs' 0-10v wires.

This way I can run my Apex now, and then once I feel comfortable with RA programming, I can swap keeping the cable intact.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I got mine in this saturday.
I really like it.

It's on a 120g tank.
No noise on the LOW level which is as high as I can go without it tearing up the sandbed for the WHOLE tank vs moving just a bit over the course of the day on LOW.

If I put it up to high or when it goes high on ELSE mode then I get a sound, which is actually kind of nice. Musical low tons as the pump ramps up and down.

Just the one provides circulation for my whole tank, so I've taken out my mix of koralias and mj1200s.

Water movement is a bit slower right next to the pump, as the water flow is forward, not to the back/behind or to the side of the unit itself. Which is still fine as I don't think any pump can manage that!

I received a defective US power cord so I used one from my old laptops.
I also emailed Eric/customer service and they said they would send me out another cord (they have a new supplier) and a new light sensor. They responded in less than 24hrs.

Also, my polyp extension with the increased flow is higher.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I found out that you can use the weather profile on the apex to help program somewhat alternating flow.

For example:

Light maximum intensity: 100%
Cloudy light intensity: 50%
Cloud duration (MMM) 001
Cloudy time (%) : 70%
Probability of lightning (%) (if you want quick bursts, choose a high percentage)
Lightning intensity (%) 100%

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Updates via email:

"Dear Tunicata

Thanks for you Order our Jebao WP40 Wave Maker ~

We have release a new type of the English Manual, please check in our website

And also we release a Replacemnet Sensor Kits and Voltage Driver Power Supply

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_wp-40_13000l_wave_maker

For some of the Customer report want to make the Jebao WP-40 small wave on it, it can adjustable for 12V or 16V as you want

If you have any question, please free feel to contact us

Thanks

FishStreetStore"

I am going to ask them if they are sending those replacement kits to me/what is tracking.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
+ coupon code "fishstreet" for an extra 3% off.

The variable power supply could wear the pump out quicker, but its the easiest way to get flow control without opening up the controller box.

I haven't decided if I want to convert from the Apex to Reef Angel. The RA programming just looks way too complicated for me to play around with to my liking without needing major help.

For $100, along with the ability to be fully controlled by any reef controller (with the Reef Angel cable) it really is an affordable pump breakthrough for us reefers. Just don't expect too much of a warranty on it. Since I haven't heard about any pump failures yet, so far so good.

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I wish I could have written this review earlier as I doubt my review is even needed at this point since the pump took a little over 3 weeks to arrive.I received the pump yesterday and it's running on my 240 gallon right now at full speed. I got one of those light dimmers from ebay an they work great for controlling the power. My impressions so far are.

Comparing to Tunze 6105

Build Quality- 8 of out of 10 (isn't as heavy and solid as a Tunze) I do however like the rubber pieces that go on the magnets it makes mounting so much easier. With my Tunze's if I shift the magnet for a second the pump or magnet fall. That's probably not a big deal for allot of people but on a larger tank that doesn't have so much accessibility this is huge.

Flow - 9 out of 10 Awesome!!!!!! I really like it. The controller isn't as cool as a Vortech or Tunze single or multi controller but the flow it self is great.

Noise- 5 out of 10. Let's face it this thing is very very loud. Not as loud as an MP60 I tried but still loud. I can't hear my tunzes at all.

Design- 7 out of 10 Nothing is sleeker then a vortech but I hate that you can't aim vortech pumps and rather use them just going straight. The company that design a tunze style pump with an external motor like a vortech would have nailed it on the head. That would get a 10 of 10 in my book. and people would pay allot of money for that.

In conclusion you can't beat this pump for the money so far. I say so far because we haven't really seen them last long term. If they last for a while then they really are your best bang for your buck but i would rather use Tunzes. they cost 3 and half to 4 times the price but at the end of the day the noise issue is a big deal for me. I also like the way they connect to a multi-controller.

I am sure the answer to this is in the thread but if someone can chime in and tell me which cable everyone is using that works for Apex and Reef Angel that would be great.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The reef angel cable is on this page. It also works great for the apex with a simple mod of the connector.
http://www.reefangel.com/order.aspx

You will need to buy an Apex VDM cable, or create your own with a standard ethernet cable. Its easy.

As for the noise, re-position the pump in the cradle. At 70%, mine are nearly dead silent. I should also note, that one of my pumps is slightly louder than the other at all times. Still much quieter than my MP-40s were.

The WP-25 is being released soon too. $30+ shipping. Take a look at it. It's very impressive for such a small pump. If these pumps continue to last, Ecotech and Tunze may want to start rethinking their pricing, or innovate something into their pumps to justify the cost.

http://youtu.be/fYc1hZy5iV0

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I finally installed the wp40 along side a mp10 and a mp40 and I am very happy with it.

The minute the wp25s come out I am buying 2 of them a a second wp40.

The controller on the wp's is fine for me, wireless stuff is not necessary for me.

bhazard, my appreciation to you for sharing and maintaining feedback threads such as this one, thank you

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: