evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I am sure not everyone has this problem but I ordered my WP40 about 2-3 weeks ago now and just tracked it because I am wondering wth it's taking so long.

Here is my tracking message:

The item (LK024171251HK) was tendered for delivery on 22-Apr-2013 without success because it was wrongly directed. The item is being forwarded or redirected.

Great, now I'll have to wait X amount of time to get my item. I hate ordering from foreign companies. I just purchased 2 things that were foreign as well and the same sh*t. I prefer domestic companies because this is becoming a hassle! All items took 1 month to receive. HORRIBLE!

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New version of the pumps out. They now have a new plastic cover which lessens noise (even thought there wasn't much to begin with). Best part is, if you already bought the older version, they will send the new cover to you for just $3 shipping via airmail (3-4 weeks).

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
The wp40 is HUMONGOUS! It works like it should but I think the size is just ridonkulous. I'll deal with it but it's literally bigger than a softball! Just be aware for those purchasing.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
lol, it's not bigger than a softball...in diameter :)
But yeah, it's a big pump, with the pump plus the base, but most tanks will only need 1.

so for me, instead of 5 koralias and my return, I just need this pump plus my return.

also it's so inexpensive.

I've run it for maybe 1 mos now...if not a week more. Still fine. No problems. Customer service turn around has maxed at 24 hrs . They sent me a new US cord and light sensor for free even though neither of those parts are under warranty.

Still looking to see that it holds up long term.
:)

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm waiting on the new impeller piece (its not a cover it seems) they're sending out to people who already bought the pump. Its supposed to make them even quieter.

My heavily modified, hacked to bits pumps are still going strong too.

Last edited:

Fatty

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, been following and trying to understand the Apex to wp40 link .. it looks great and kudos to bhazard for figuring it all out :)

I'm looking to hook up two wp40's to an Apex here in the UK and just trying to get my head around a couple of points..

1/ do I need the variable power supply? or as it'll be on the Apex does it not matter?

2/ I can't work out how the Apex variable 0-10V port can control the speed of a 12-24V pump? especially if the control box is not needed with the RA Jeabo cable?

I was looking at getting the RA jeabo cable as it seemed the simplest method..

Sorry for being dumb.. just couldn't find the answers, if any one could enlighten me I'd be very grateful,

Fatty

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, been following and trying to understand the Apex to wp40 link .. it looks great and kudos to bhazard for figuring it all out :)

I'm looking to hook up two wp40's to an Apex here in the UK and just trying to get my head around a couple of points..

1/ do I need the variable power supply? or as it'll be on the Apex does it not matter?

2/ I can't work out how the Apex variable 0-10V port can control the speed of a 12-24V pump? especially if the control box is not needed with the RA Jeabo cable?

I was looking at getting the RA jeabo cable as it seemed the simplest method..

Sorry for being dumb.. just couldn't find the answers, if any one could enlighten me I'd be very grateful,

Sorry, sods law after a couple of days of searching I think I found my answer 5 mins after posting! to one of the questions anyway..

1/ Nope can use the standard power supply, unless I want the ability to manually throttle the flow down..

2/ I have seen that the control signal is one of the connections on the pump side connector.. but not sure where the circuitry is which then changes the voltage dependent on the control signal 0-5V (in the pump itself or is there a separate box)?

Also does anyone know does the Reef Angel Jeabo cable have some resistors in to cut down the Max Apex 10V to 5V.. proportionally ? Otherwise I might put those in manually just in case it defaults to 10V signal and does something bad to the pump..

thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: