prezzi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
so i was readin a post over the weekend about somebody leavin their ro water runnin , and i think to myself that would never happen to me i would never forget , well guess what i did it last night , and the apartment downstairs is f'd up now , fml

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
if your ro unit has an auto shut off valve, put a float valve in reservoir. i have one but still try and keep an eye on it. usually doesn't make it to float valve.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
srsly last week late at night an d far from sober I went down to shut my RO off and luck I did because the 30g Brute was full.

woke up in the morning to find out I had actually turned the RO on.. not off.

Dont drink and reef

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've flooded my house so many times. Had to replace sheet rock each time. Last time was the worst. Left it on overnight after a few drinks and completely trashed the first floor. Expensive lesson. Now I just fill 5 gallon buckets at a time in the washing room sink. That way if I forget goes downt he drain.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Ugh. Sorry to hear. I put the bucket in the tub now and set the timer on the microwave.

I have one of these as well, works very well. Pricey, but alas if it saves you once, it's already worth its value.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/404/

I have one. It has been worth more than its value. If sine one does not have a dedicated fish room than its useful. Also if there is any other leak for any other reason, even if it is not from your rodi it will still make loud annoying alarm and shut off rodi. I purchased extension modules from a different website for cheap. I monitor inside my tank stand, under kitchen sink, ant ato reservoir area

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Ugh. Sorry to hear. I put the bucket in the tub now and set the timer on the microwave.

I have one of these as well, works very well. Pricey, but alas if it saves you once, it's already worth its value.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/404/

It happens to everyone sooner or later, it happened to me but came home just in time to clean up approximately 2 gallons of water. Your best choice would be this from bulkreefsupply, or the alarm from Gotham Aquatics. They also sell alarms at home depo for like $14. But remember that an alarm is useless if no one is home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: