LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
LowezAkar24

? How long has FathomLED been around.

I don't know how long FathomLED has been around but is quickly becoming a household name. It is an Excellent alternative to what is available out there on the market as it pertains to lighting. I have not seen any negative publicity in regards to these lights since I first heard of them. All I constantly hear about is the excellent price, and excellent customer service. Do a quick search you will see the posts on here.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
White light is full spectrum. The effect of concentrating the light of a certain spectrum via an optic is where you start playing with fire. Never saw a green sun nor a red one for that matter. But that color is still found in white light just not concentrated. Goes back to the prism and how white light comes out in a rainbow. Dont understand why this gimmick has people shifting around spectrums like it will not have an ill effect on corals. Might as well go through the pile of old used T5 bulbs and see which one does the most damage due to spectral shift.
Really need a speactralradiometer to see this effect.

I don't see a need for the other color LEDs to be added. I only use cool white and royal blue and I get pretty good color out of my corals. The addition of color and uv LEDs IMO is a gimmick just like you are saying. I would hate for anyone to be wasting money on them.

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
LowezAkar24

I don't see a need for the other color LEDs to be added. I only use cool white and royal blue and I get pretty good color out of my corals. The addition of color and uv LEDs IMO is a gimmick just like you are saying. I would hate for anyone to be wasting money on them.

I have had lights without the UV light and currently I am running lights with the addition of UV. I would say that there is a difference judging from what I have seen in my tank. FathomLED also sells lights minus the UV if anyone wants them. Corals can grow basically under any light but each coral appreciates different light in different spectrums depending on the given coral. Money is only wasted when someone does not get the service or goods they are seeking. However, what I feel is a gimmick are the thunder/lighting effect feature in some lights.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
For those who want to build your own light, please take note that our eyes are not good measurement of intensity and spectrum if you concern about which spectrum is good for the corals.

Even though white is considered as RGB mixed together but the same feeling of a "white" light may not consist of same amount of each spectrum presents in the mix. That's sometimes, we will mistook 35%A+25%B+40%C as 45%A+10%B+45%C light color mix

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: