Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i caught my PBT nipping at my GSP polyps causing them to close alot lately, and i just saw him take a bite out of my gorgonian? is this normal behavior? i feed him every day and multiple times a day with algae sheets.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
they def nip i have one that cause me to get rid of all my clams it never bother any of my corals but it used to nip at my clams right in front of me my like it was teasing

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Do u still have him dubs? Did he stop going for coral after u got rid of the clams. I really don't wanna get rid of him ill sacrifice the gsp I am jus afraid that his appetite will switch gears towards sps then he's done

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
they def nip i have one that cause me to get rid of all my clams it never bother any of my corals but it used to nip at my clams right in front of me my like it was teasing

Have the same problem my yellow tang is mad rude, every time he sees me he would nip on my zoas. Just today saw my blue hippo rip chunks out of some zoa frags.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
yeah still have him i no longer have any clams but it never bothered any thing else in my tank or else it would really have to go even tho i tried plenty of times to catch him with no luck but i love my corals so if it it was more than the clams then i really would have get him out but it been good so i just leave him be

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
And no awi this guy isn't even eating it he's just straight up ripping off the polyps for fun. I moved the algae clip to the other side of the tank because it was directly over the coral before maybe if I can keep his feeding spot away from it he will stay away from it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: