• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
so i got few surprise and some set backs this week argghhhh first my anemone split 3 times in the past month then to days one of the clones shred it self in my power head then this morning the original decided that it don't like the spot it been for the past 4 month and took a walk and along it way i lost a few really nice zoas and i don't know what yet i have wait till tonight when my lights come on what i don't understand is i have not touch my tank in a months been really bizzy so y all this nonsense ??? and am piss about the corals i lost

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
lol i know bro u seen my tank its like Manhattan with people but i lost some nice zoas plus i lost a few not long for no reason they decided to melt i am starting loose my liking for zoas again i hate when things happen/ died and i have no explanation y

ruha456

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
lol i know bro u seen my tank its like Manhattan with people but i lost some nice zoas plus i lost a few not long for no reason they decided to melt i am starting loose my liking for zoas again i hate when things happen/ died and i have no explanation y

Guess its just part of the million other things we deal with in this hobby. Don't let it get to u it will drive u crazy or make ya quit. Keep your head up and watch your tank closely there's usually a reason why these things happen.

Gwiz3005

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Very interesting. I have had a very similar thing happen in my 120 and my mini reef. The nems split in both and took a walk last week (they were getting pretty big though). Lost an Armor of God colony. Thankfully none of the clones have found the powerhead.

I have been looking for solutions for that. I have seen some people attach foam or baskets to their mp40s. Any of you have experience with that?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
thanks for all the kind words fellow reefers and sorry i have not goting back to this thread till now i been bizzy with my new job and i have a thing for anemone and clowns i don't think a reefs is a reefs with out them so i have always have at least one in all the years i been reefing am not going crazy about losing a few corals i have plenty more i just hate set backs .. i didnt loose any of the grandis or a few members here would have my head lol i did loose my dart mauls/aog/rainbows and few other mini colony and a acro but its all good ....shawn138 lmk when i have put nothing new in my tank in a min so something new would feels nice and thank for looking out

Nottick

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
thanks for all the kind words fellow reefers and sorry i have not goting back to this thread till now i been bizzy with my new job and i have a thing for anemone and clowns i don't think a reefs is a reefs with out them so i have always have at least one in all the years i been reefing am not going crazy about losing a few corals i have plenty more i just hate set backs .. i didnt loose any of the grandis or a few members here would have my head lol i did loose my dart mauls/aog/rainbows and few other mini colony and a acro but its all good ....shawn138 lmk when i have put nothing new in my tank in a min so something new would feels nice and thank for looking out

I feel the same way but as soon as mine started using its legs out it came. Can't chance it. Too much invested. I made mother tank a nem and nemo tank. Haha

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Yea fishman ur def right

And nottick that other tank idea been running around for a while but I just don't have time to tend to another tank I have a life other than Reefing my little one / job/ site jobs/ other hobby etc sometimes I don't even get to really look at my tank never mind if I was to set up another one and this is the same reason I have drop a 250/300 gallon tank yet

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: