jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just got home to see all of my tank's water white and cloudy. I dont know what's going on. Only thing I can assume is that either the corals are mating or the snails. (or maybe the anemone). Here are the pics. Any feedback would be helpful.

Attachments

• 000_1620.JPG
    000_1620.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 000_1621.JPG
    000_1621.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 000_1622.JPG
    000_1622.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 205

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Jawwad,

look at your snails, are they sending out puffs of "smoke" ?

sounds like something is getting it on in your tank.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Jawwad,

Do you use any macro in a fuge or sump? Particular kinds can go sexual and release a substance that makes the water really cloudy.

E

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Jawwad,

Beside what other has suggested also
check if anything is dying
then check PH, temp, and amonia
"if" something is getting it on in the ank, they must be of very big proportion in your system, check those big stuff. A big clam is a good candidate due it's size.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
my tank looked like that when my snails did :bunnies:......

and it also looked 10 X worse when i had my hairspray incident :banghead:..... i would check the par. as stated above by the other members and start from that....

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Sorry about that guys. VHO's just went on and the water is crystal clear again. My skimmer started skimming again. Last night the skimmer was going nuts.
I checked the params. and everything is stable. Salinity is at 1.024.
I wasnt able to check cal. or alk since I dont have the test kits. But at first I did assume that it was probably the snails. I have about 25 turbo snails and 200 nassarius snails, that might have been the case.
As for the sand being a factor, it can't be because if it was, I wouldve seen little particles floating around. This seems as if someone threw in some kalk powder to make the water cloudy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: