Status
Not open for further replies.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
most often the LFS is going to do the cheapest and easiest thing, i guess that covers FW dips. You will find much better advice online than at the LFS.
RC is great but has a lot of mis-information spread on it, make sure you double check the advice you get there. For instance if some one tells you the FW dips are okay I would say they are wrong ;)

powder blue 3000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jhale for the in for the information, solbby here is a bit of the article on wet web media "By citing "removing chemicals" as a function of these processes, I'm referring to two phenomena: A) Dilution of transport chemicals, & B.) Rinsing of surface material, e.g. fright pheromones, toxins in the example of puffer fishes, from the surfaces of the new introductions.

Are dip/bath routines really worthwhile for all the added stress, time and cost involved? Hello; well, yes...they are Standard Operating Procedures in all professional aquatic livestock collection, distribution and rearing facilities. If you have no other capacity for prophylactic quarantine, the least you should be doing are preventative dips. Is that clear?"

For everyone who had a oppinion......

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
powder blue 3000 said:
Thanks jhale for the in for the information, solbby here is a bit of the article on wet web media "By citing "removing chemicals" as a function of these processes, I'm referring to two phenomena: A) Dilution of transport chemicals, & B.) Rinsing of surface material, e.g. fright pheromones, toxins in the example of puffer fishes, from the surfaces of the new introductions.

Are dip/bath routines really worthwhile for all the added stress, time and cost involved? Hello; well, yes...they are Standard Operating Procedures in all professional aquatic livestock collection, distribution and rearing facilities. If you have no other capacity for prophylactic quarantine, the least you should be doing are preventative dips. Is that clear?"

For everyone who had a oppinion......
Let's see if he is willing to stand by those words! I'm sure he will retract this statement once he looks at this thread.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Guy questioning peoples age and experience is not a wise thing to do. A little hint for you one of the people here that told you that FW dips are bad is a published microbiologist in the field and has published areticles in the marine field.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
powder blue 3000 said:
dareal dvs1 are you a marine biologist? or nostradamas? how do you know what my fish are doing how old are you?

powder blue, people here care about fish and coral, you asked a question about a procedure that most here do not endorse. no one was out of line in asking why you did the FW. Go back and read it with an open mind.

attacking people is not going to help your fish. we should be trying to figure out what the cloudy eyes are and cure it from that point.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
36...?:scratch: hard to tell..
jhale said:
powder blue, people here care about fish and coral, you asked a question about a procedure that most here do not endorse. no one was out of line in asking why you did the FW. Go back and read it with an open mind.

attacking people is not going to help your fish. we should be trying to figure out what the cloudy eyes are and cure it from that point.

Good luck Naso...:fish:

powder blue 3000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weather his expertise is microbiology its his opinion you might another that differs that why we have forums even science is not an exact my original question was in reference to time and length on a procedure not weather it should be done some do fresh water dips some don't.....

powder blue 3000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little food for thought the owner of absolutely fish is a marine biologist were some of you went on midnight madness they practice fresh water dipping hhuummm.......... maybe some of you should call him and ask if any of the fish you purchased have been fresh water dip......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: