P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
What Happened to the one you ordered? I would say if you don't know what you're doing, it's better to buy one. Especially considering that you plan on using Starfire. Have you built tanks before?

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never built a tank before, but I would base your design on an existing tank built by a reputable tank manufacturer like amiracle, hagen etc..

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I ordered it.

they didn't build it.

I'm not waiting 6 more weeks, since I was supposed to have my tank July 9th.

I've built lots of things. However, never built a tank. I feel completely comfortable building one. I hope I can find the starfire glass pieces I need.

cjdevito

Grue
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ordered it.

they didn't build it.

Ouch. Who was it you ordered from? Ocean Image flubbed their ship date with me a couple times, but managed to get my tank out the door only two or three weeks later then initially promised.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Brett,

Wow that sucks. I am assuming this was from the we are going to build/we are not going to build your tank convo with them. I would say that if you feel that you are capable of building a tank that will hold together, go for it. I have heard legends about your building skills. lol

E

I ordered it.

they didn't build it.

I've built lots of things. However, never built a tank. I feel completely comfortable building one. I hope I can find the starfire glass pieces I need.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
what's so hard it's just glass and silicone?

if the guys that did not build your tank for you can make them so can you ;)

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
BC, building nice tanks takes skills and experiance, kinda like woodwork. I made sumps before but I would not take chances building a tank that holds much more water and keeps my live stock off my floor.

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Brett,

I am also thinking of building my own tank, ive got the space and some tools, spykes built his own aquarium, maybe a gathering is in order, im thinking of starfire for my front panel.

Not to mention ive personally cut and made an external overflow.

LMK, maybe if we get starfire in more amounts itll be cheaper overall

I was looking at 30Hx24Wx36L =118G from glasscages, I still might go there route if this doesnt work out, but im not looking to get jerked around w/ delivery dates

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah. it's done.

my anger that is. Now it's onto finishing everything so I can stack them in the living room and have room out back to build my tank. I've got to finish the drawing and get it faxed to some glass places.

Jim, you want me to get the tank this week I can. Let me know.

Oh, and there's no way I'd ever buy the glass from glass cages. and I don't have room to make anything on a large scale. Me building my little 36x36x18 stand is killing me for space. I'm tired of moving everything to get to anything else.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: