66   0   0

Attachments

• 039_40009_rt.jpg
    039_40009_rt.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 77

tacocat

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a quote on the glass pieces I need for the tank.

$650 + tax = 704.43.

OUCH

Looks like Miracles $1167 price wasn't so bad after all.

B

Yeah, Starphire glass is crazy expensive at the retail level. Personally, I'd go with Lee Mar (if it's available in your area), then Miracles, and maybe Aquarium Obsessed.

Oh, I forgot to ask, were you going to cut your own glass?

Last edited:

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I spoke to my rep yesterday and it is true that oceanic will be making tanks to order with low iron glass. Bad news is that they are in the process of moving into aga`s facility and order`s are not going to be taken until the middle of Oct. After the order is placed it will take 6 weeks to build and deliver.......

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Tacocat, The price I quoted was for the pieces I need. The starfire was okay. only $200 or so for the three pieces I needed. I need 5 pieces of 1/4" glass, and the quote was $105. I think that's REALLY steep. It should be under $20 for all 5.

I can cut my own glass, but for a project like this I'd rather let the pros do it. My luck I'd buy a sheet of starfire and cut one piece short or something. . .

Tim, can you get me a price of a 58 with 3 sides starfire? It just has to 1/4" narrower than the normal 58. If it's cheap enough I'll just wait.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: