Status
Not open for further replies.

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
flat worm

i just got two new pieces and one of them most have had this stole way on it...its on the topic of a flat worm...but this one is not the micro ones this one is about 2-3 in long and 1 in wide....has a goldish brown color...with white dots...the thing could fit throught the smallest hole...and its quick as hell...

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Can i ask one question to you ,,,why ask us if its bad ,if you dont care?

You say you do water changes ,and so what are the prices of beans in china nowadays !!! if you didnt get what i said ,then thats how we feel right now !

So ,,,,Here it is FLAT WORMS ARE BAD ,KEEP THEM IN YOUR TANK <AND YOU WILL REGRET IT AS DEANOS SAID.

Ill be looking for the your next thread......HELP MY CORALS ARE DIED!!!!!

Good luck

oh one more thing ,if you plan on keeping the flat worm ,stop wasting your money buying corals

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
OK! Enough!!!! you guys have made your warnings, qckwzrd, has acknowledged them - so leave it at that!

Flatworms (planaria) won't nessesary destroy a tank in of itself. It is once you decide to get rid of them the trouble will begin, i.e. toxin release from their death.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
cause they look like red planeria which like to bother corals more than the first Amphiscolops sp., a harmless acoel that "shows up" at times in reef tanks
:D Great answer.

There is another flatworm that looks like planaria but is all brown, not red, it seems to be harmless, and not photosynthetic.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Deanos stated to me what they do prevent corals from getting light I never knew that because they arent on my corals.

Dean is absolutely correct about FW's causing corals to starve due to light deprivation. So why would you still think that it's ok to keep them? If you have an opportunity to eradicate a problem before it reaches plague proportions then you aren't hearing what the masses are telling you.

You guys are taking this wayyy too serious..relax.

You posed a question. A lot of helpful, caring people responded. ALL of them responded with the same sentiments. We are all passionate about this hobby and care about the animals. Apparently you don't share the same passion.

If you know what you have and understand them then you can manage them.

Apparently not.

If I see my corals aren't doing well and find out its because of the worms then I will get rid of the worms.

You have an opportunity to avoid the problem before it gets out of hand. I'm unbelievably curious as to what would possess someone to wait till the animal visually suffers before addressing it.

And my reason for posting this question was to learn about what I have and to also find out the experiences you guys have had with flat worms.

Why? Why would you possibly care what our experiences with flatworms are if everyone tells you the same thing and you ignore it?

And from what you guys are telling me they dont release any toxins so there is no immediate dangers.

They do release toxins when they die. Potent toxins actually.

I do appreciate all the info you guys are giving me and I thank you...I truly do,

:rolleyes: I find that very hard to believe.

but please dont let this post get you upset.

The post doesn't upset any of us. The response by the poster makes us feel like we've wasted our time.

Happy reefing

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Wow...DEEPWATER you sound really upset like I'm keeping the flatworms in your tank! I never ever said I didn't care, if you scroll up. I say I do water changes because I suck them out as I do water changes. I thanked everyone for the info that they gave and I appreciated everyones input. Deanos thank you again. I asked a question that I didn't know the answer too and I got the answer that Deanos gave me which is they prevent the corals from getting light. I will continue to purchase corals because the ones I have are doing great! As well as my fish. And I'll be sure not to post up anything over here again because some people are taking this too personal. I've never seen so many CAPITAL LETTERS and "!!!" in a fish forum before. Thanks to everyone who DIDN'T get upset...wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: