MPISCIOTTI

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
hello everyone.
ok i bought a 60 gallon aga with 1 mega flow built in.. the question think i could go bare bottom with the new tank? and throw away my sand bed i have now. im also goig to be using 1 250watt mh since the tank is half the size..

going to use the same skimmer deltec 1260. bit of an over kill but i already have it.. return pump will be a genx pcx 30..

probbly going to be selling some stuff once the down grade is made.. lights ca reactor and a few other things....

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB or sand is totally up to you. Personally though if I opted for the sand I'd keep it to a very thin layer (less than an inch) for aesthetics only and I'd go with all new stuff. Adding old sand from an existing tank isn't a good idea IMO. Sure you might get some pods, worms and such but you're also adding whatever nutrients that the sandbed has absorbed over time.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 95%
19   1   0
congrats on both new addition to the fam :)

as far as the sand ,it all depends on the flow you are going to have in the tank.Now that you have half of what you had and you have high flow you may have a sand storm .JMO

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: