ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I ended up getting the 120 and the 55 at the same time. And the 55 is also reef ready so it won't work as a sump.
I was thinking if they are plumbed together it will be more stable and will afford some opportunities not given by just a single display. Such as a frag rack and breeding pair of fish to show life cycle and how corals divide and grow, and maybe provide a way for the school to get more salt and supplies. I may be getting a 55 if a family member decides not to use it as a terrarium.

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been a busy few weeks here moving, almost done just had to visit my in laws upstate for a weekend.
But we got a huge donation from aqueon/coralife/kent marine

AQUEON
Sump
AQE SUMP PROFLEX MODEL 4
AQUEON
Sump
AQE SUMP PROFLEX BIO KIT MODEL 4
CORALIFE
Filtration
CORALIFE FIL CONE SKIMMER 300G
CORALIFE
Filtration
COR FIL P FLO RO/DI 50GPD 3CAN
CORALIFE
Filtration
COR FIL P FLO RO DEION CANISTER
CORALIFE
Specialty Equipment
COR SPEQ PULSE WAVEMAKER 2600
CORALIFE
Specialty Equipment
COR SPEQ PULSE WAVEMAKER 5800
CORALIFE
Specialty Equipment
COR SPEQ CIRCULATION PUMP 1300

CORALIFE
Specialty Equipment
COR SPEQ CIRCULATION PUMP 2900

CORALIFE
Specialty Equipment
COR SPEQ TUR TWST UV STRLZR 6X

KENT MARINE
Specialty Equipment
KENT SPEQ PHOS REACTOR NAUTILUS

KENT MARINE
Water Care
KENT WC PHOS SPONGE 2.3LBS 2QT

KENT MARINE
Water Care
KENT WC STARTER MARINE KIT

KENT MARINE
Water Care
KENT WC STARTER REEF KIT

So we are pretty much good except for lights Imorphine said that we could have an LED fixture but that prob won't cover the 120 and the 55, and we are still hoping to get some DIY LED pieces so they can make their own engineering project.

And that's the update so far thanks to everyone who is helping!!

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yup it's totally awesome not sure if the reactor and skimmer will be doing anything since we are getting an ARID from PAX Bellum llc. But they sent it so not complaining worst comes to worst the school can sell it for supplies if they decide not to use it maybe they can run it long enough to get some skimmate to test and look at under microscopes as was suggested earlier.

Tranquil201

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I can donate 2 drilled and tapped heat sinks for the LED DIY project that I no longer use. I ended up buying the Rapid LED Onyx Enclosure and moved my leds into that. I forget the exact measurements of these heat sinks but they are enough for 48'' coverage

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nope they are still being moved to the school. The plan is sometime this week to have the tanks put in place then we need to wait for all the deliveries to come in so we can put in the plumbing should be within the next week and a half if the shipping works out.

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So got an email aqueon sent me an email and said that unfortunately their sump manufacturer is way behind and they won't be able to send a sump but the rest of the stuff shipped out today.
So I am back to looking for a sump .-)

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tanks are officially in the school!!
Now I just need to go around picking up equipment from people :splitspin
All this equipment was generously donated by MR members and there is still a ton of stuff I haven't picked up yet!
Still looking for a good sized sump.
That's an ARID generously donated by Pax Bellum LLC as the filtration for this system
When the system is up and running there will be a thread, I plan on having my sisters classes take weekly parameters (as part of their chemistry course) and send them to me to post on a new tank thread!
Thanks everyone who has been a help!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-11 13:56:51 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-11 13:56:51 EDT.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 90
  • ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-11 13:57:00 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-11 13:57:00 EDT.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 87
  • ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-11 13:57:43 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-08-11 13:57:43 EDT.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 90

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently our reactors manage to defy all laws of gravity, I am pretty sure this is thread #872 in which our reactors have bent reality!

Good Luck! We are happy to be a part of this project and excited to see the minds that will be opening to the reef world!

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey been a while and couldn't find this thread for a bit,We are still looking for a sump, and a DIY LED pieces.

Any leads would be great.

I have an old current USA t-5 8 bulb vho with moonlights in decent condition (little bit of salt creep on the protective cover for the lights) anyone interested in trading for a sump for this project ?

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Here is a pic of the sump when it was setup. It has 3 sections (socks, skimmer, return). Dimensions 24"x9"x16".
Let me know if you are interested and send PM for details.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: