Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
so i went to florida for a week and left my tank good my sister and moms was feeding my fish everyday and overflow was good and full. my sister calls me early morning that she came and there were fish dead everywhere in total 16 fish died all fish that ive had for a while like my naso tang, flamed angle, 4 inch purple tang, tennetti tang, 3 hippo tangs,yellow tang, clownfish,3 anthias,chocolate tang, red cardinal, yellow coris wrasse and a leapord wrasse. I am so devastated right now i just got home like two hours ago. what happen was the return pump turned of and they couldnt get it on so i told my moms to bring the jebao pumps up to make bubbles until my friend came over and turned it on am so pissed of right now feel like breaking my tank down all the fish i hate survived the 6 blue damsels the yellow headed sand sifter a cardinal and my smocularis survived and a leaopard wrasse i feel very sad and made at the same time

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
So crazy u posted this, I was just thinking today what I would do if my return broke. I guess that's why people buy 2 of everything if they can afford it/ Sorry for the loss dude that really sucks, keep on reefing!!

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Damn bro. Sorry for your loss. Let me know if you need anything or if there is anything I can do. Next time I'm out fish shopping(next Tuesday) I will look for and replace at least 1 of your fish to get you back going and hopefully feeling better. Let me know bro

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
sorry for troubles but didn't you have power heads in the tank for circulation.
fish shouldn't die that fast from bad return pump. unless it was leaking voltage.

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
I have two jebaos wp40 one one each side I honestly don't know what happen but the pumps were on I swear I think one of my nieces my mother baby sits turned of one of the switches under my tank because the person that went to try and fix it just turned the switch on. Funny thing is am always prepared I have a extra return pump even a extra circulation pump and a battery air pump I guess since the water wasn't going to the sump no air was going back up from the air bubbles of the protein skimmer and the water dropping down. At bridge thank u for the offer but it's ok I will sell some polyps and do some trades lol and build it up slowely.

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
Thing that gets me made is I loved every one of those fish Naso tangs always died on me this one was with me over a year and fat. The flamed angle and coral beauty didn't pick on any corals the dark in clown was paired up with my smocularis the purple tang was almost 4 inches the tenneti I bought as a baby after cing one in a members house and he was almost 4 inches already. Then I have 6 blue damsels that I hate cuz they always bight my hand and they all survive lol. I just came back from Florida today and bought a blue faced amazon yesterday so the fish will come slowely maybe 2-3 a week.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Wow ..I feel your pain! I bought the apex for the simple reason of going away with alittle self re assurance and I messed up a few settings between my chiller and heater(I put the < > the wrong way).the chiller and heater where basically fighting ...well the heater won in the long run and whipped out my whole tank when the temperature hit 90

Rating - 98.1%
155   3   0
thank you everyone and i was thinking about getting a apex when my girl asked me how can we make sure this doesnt happen again and maybe putting a lock on the bottom doors of my tank so the kids cant press the red shinny buttons. i wanna thank everyone for the support and truely hope it doesnt happen to ya. I came home and feed like usual yesterday and all the food fell to the floor, and the fish were trained that when ever i open the cabinet door and close it they would all come up to that corner of the tank to eat lol. Its ok tho i gotta wait for maxium reefs black friday sale lol am gonna test my levels tom and do a 40 gallon water change on monday and i added about 30 fully grown mangroves yesterday i will just look for deals or trades i got alot of polyps lol

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I'm sorry this happened brotha , same thing happened to me when I went to Disney ( Florida) but my since disowned brother in law disconnected my power strip from the wall because he couldn't find the light switch and suffocated my entire cichlids tank killing my breeding frontosas Among many hand selected cichlids ...... Devastated brotha is an understatement .... I cried like a child for a while , all that work and effort ended with the pull of a plug ........ But instead of quitting ... I made my first saltwater reef tank and I'm still going ! Be strong and keep your head up , and if you need anything just pm me .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: