wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya he most likely has fresh saltwater going into his tank I have seen this overseas before. In someplaces the use saltwater to flush. Some people take that saltwater and use it in the tank so they have a constant change of water. Not sure if that is what hes doing in this video but that is a lot of fish

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
i was talking to wingo and he told me that's how it is in his homeland. they love to pack tons of fish into small tanks.

"Tons of fish in a tank" => TRUE both small or big tanks

300G+ tanks, mostly customed made, are very common in Hong Kong; it's like 1 out 3 households have fish tanks/bows; 1 out of 10 stores have fish tank as well. Keeping fish in Hong Kong is as common as keeping dogs in the house here in US. It's related to belief of "fungshui". Actually, for certain fish there are even certain numbers of them to go into a tank for the well being of a business and household.

The background noise from the clip seems to indicate it's a fish store.

Last edited:

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Actually, for certain fish there are even certain numbers of them to go into a tank for the well being of a business and household.

I believe Wingo is refering to this very popular asian fish.........
image01.jpg

Picture form another forum, wish it was mine :)

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think wingo is talking about certain lucky numbers. Like business places in hong Kong prime real estate is determining by the the number on the door. I could be wrong but triple digits are very lucky like 666 or 999 not sure which numbers they consider lucky.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I think wingo is talking about certain lucky numbers. Like business places in hong Kong prime real estate is determining by the the number on the door. I could be wrong but triple digits are very lucky like 666 or 999 not sure which numbers they consider lucky.

You are right, numbers are important, especially the number 8. But i think Wingo was talking about types of fish, goldfish, arowanas, etc...

666 is a bad number :)

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
You are right, numbers are important, especially the number 8. But i think Wingo was talking about types of fish, goldfish, arowanas, etc...

666 is a bad number :)

"8" means getting rich but not too important in keeping fish to Chinese. However, the number of black color gold fish is very important and must be in odd numbers in order to get deter evil. I have not heard any one cares about how many arowanas to be put in a tank. But no matter what except couple types of fish that are supposingly in odd numbers you should always give even numbers of fish to any new business or friends if the recipient believe in "fungshui".

"6" is good pay in Chinese so I guess "666" is not bad for us but very bad for someone who belief the birth mark of Satan. Wait, Chinese don't believe in Satan.:tongue1: We believe in Monkey King.... for which the Japanese change the story into Dragon Ball Cartoon/Animation.

Any "fungshui" master on board? May be he/she can tell better.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0

Lucky numbers are
888 Getting rich, getting rich, getting rich
168 Getting rich all the way
28 Easy to get rich

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i had one a long time ago named ruby. it was a half scaled back red tail arrow. not full scaled back like the above. u gotta see this fish in real life to appreciate its beauty. too bad its an endanger species.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
i had one a long time ago named ruby. it was a half scaled back red tail arrow. not full scaled back like the above. u gotta see this fish in real life to appreciate its beauty. too bad its an endanger species.

Agreed!!! The red ones are work of god.

You can import them now again from licensed breeders. Breeding them is now quite successful in Asia. The new breeders are striking to make newer and more powerful colors. It's also a work of man nowadays. Unlike discus, I had never been able to get any new colors from these fish. Every batch are same as the parents.

US custom acknowledged these breeders' livestock.

However, you need a very big tank for them. Or like me, you can keep them in a pond too. One thing for sure, you will see no frogs if you keep them in the pond.:bablefish :tongue1: I wonder if couple sparrows may have fallen prey to them as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: