jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm curious how much, and how often others are dosing with 2 part additives.

I have a light to medium stocked 120G tank and I'm adding 50ml of each a day. I have a aquamedic doser set to dispense the 2 part once every 24 hours. I'm dosing with Spykes 2 part mix (randys formula).

I dose with mg when the tank needs it using seachems mg buffer.

I left out the 40g in the 55 sump

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
65g LPS/zoas w/15g sump

I drip kalkwasser 24/7 replacing evaporated water, supplemented by 10ml of ESV B-Ionic Parts 1 & 2 daily. I dose ESV Mg as needed.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
you guys know how many ml you dose?:bigeyes: wow. i just use one capful of Kent part a+b for my 40br and two cap fulls for the 90. sometimes i will dose daily or every other day. oh and water changes of course!

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
you guys know how many ml you dose?:bigeyes: wow.

Yup!:splitspin I use these:

Syringes.jpg

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
46 gallon
10ml ESV B-Ionic 2 part in the morning everyday
10% water change weekly

scarf...there's a measuring cup on the cap of b-ionic

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
In the RK colum where Randy gives the instructions for making his two part supplement, he gives dosing guidlines.

There are two different versions of Randy's two part, one requires twice as much as the other. Dependeing on the formulation, he suggests 1-2ml per day/per gallon for a heavy SPS tank. .5 - 1ml a day/per gallon for a mixed tank. Adjustments should be made from there.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
250ml of each part daily (Randy's)
:lol2: Your SPS must be kicking arse! That's double the most heavily loaded tanks recommendation.

Coming back with a vengence to say the least! :D

:shhh: I am dosing about the same amount. The tank is sucking the two part up.

Does anybody dose automatically? I'm thinking of getting a litermeter III! but it's really expensive, :irked: .

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
:lol2: Your SPS must be kicking arse! That's double the most heavily loaded tanks recommendation.

Coming back with a vengence to say the least! :D

:shhh: I am dosing about the same amount. The tank is sucking the two part up.

Does anybody dose automatically? I'm thinking of getting a litermeter III! but it's really expensive, :irked: .
Well you got that monster clam. How big is it now? I see the litermeters on RC every so often. Ill let you know when I come accross it.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Herm the clam is dead :(

Shaun, the growth has been pretty good the last few months. I started dosing 90ml/day and slowing increased to 250 as needed. In my 65gal I used to dose 200ml each part of bionic before switching to a reactor. I have also been dosing manually but I plan on getting an aquamedic doser.
You must be growing some serious acros to be dosing so much as well. I want to come see your tank. LMK what nights you're free.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

I'm using a 2 pump aquamedic, works great the two weeks it's been up so far. I think it was only 220.00 @ marine depot.

you might be able to find something in your lab that could work also :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: