herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If you cant come accross a trap, which has only a small chance of success, when you first turn on the lights, the fish experience a moment of "blindness". You can catch them very easily then. Works for me every time.
HTH
Herman

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Here is what i use.

Clear container held by the mag float. There is fishing line tied to the lid and holes drilled into the container so i can use a long tube to squirt food into container. Eventually the fish will learn to eat from there once they get used to the container. Once they are in, just pull fish line and your done.

What are you trying to catch?

Good luck,
Steven

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If you cant come accross a trap, which has only a small chance of success, when you first turn on the lights, the fish experience a moment of "blindness". You can catch them very easily then. Works for me every time.
HTH
Herman
that sounds good let me ask you if the lights come on at 6:30 and i put in some food before turning on the light will this increase success?im going to give that a try and i will also try the container and mag float.thanks guys.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Trying to catch a little Vanderbuilt chromis. How close to the top of the tank do you position the box?
Thanks,
Ken

You can position the box anywhere you like. For really difficult fish, you can place a big piece of live rock on top of it that way the fish will feel comfortable going in the box to get the food.

Here a closer pic and video clip :)

Click here to watch fishtrap

Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: